PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
I don't know man. I'm not sure I'd pin this one on C&D tbh. No mold when the tin was opened. No visible mold when moved to a jar. Mold appears a month later? Am I reading this right?
I've got pounds upon pounds of tobacco in jars and this just happens to be the only one I've ever had that became moldy? It's not like C&D are immune from mold issues either.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I don't know man. I'm not sure I'd pin this one on C&D tbh. No mold when the tin was opened. No visible mold when moved to a jar. Mold appears a month later? Am I reading this right?

I am sorry you lost that tobacco though.

There have been numerous reports of mold with their last small batch release Steamworks. Hate to say it but if 2023 Anthology ends up having the same issues I’ll begin to be seriously worried about future purchases 😬

orvet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2023
Willamette Valley of Oregon
I had the same problem with the Anthology 2023. The first tin was great, but this is what the second tin looked like when I opened it. I was rather disappointed since I had brought several tins, and because I really like the first tin!
I hope the other tins aren't moldy.
Sorry to hear that others have experienced this problem as well.

20240105_184825.jpg

Didn't Kevin make a rule saying that if you have a problem with a vendor or company, that you must contact the company before you can make a post about it. Did that rule just stop? You really must give the company a chance to make it right (AND to even let them know that there might be a problem) before you go making posts, creating concerns.

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
Didn't Kevin make a rule saying that if you have a problem with a vendor or company, that you must contact the company before you can make a post about it. Did that rule just stop? You really must give the company a chance to make it right (AND to even let them know that there might be a problem) before you go making posts, creating concerns.
Sorry don’t get on here much…

Sorry don’t get on here much…
No worries, maybe just give them a call first thing. You may even make contact before the mods or admin wake up. puffy
I am certain that they will make good on the tin. Plus, they need to know.
I think this might warrant a phone call over an email. Especially since you already went public.

EchoPlex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2023
Seattle, WA
Under this scenario it is impossible to know who or what was at fault, but if you contact them direct I'm fairly certain they would get you sorted out. Top notch customer service.

Nowadays, I have more of a lab mentality when opening, jarring, and handling my baccy, regardless of blender. What I do is I spray my bathroom down with 70% iso. I then suit up in a sterile full body Tyvek suit with full face shield respirator before going into a bleach bath contamination room. Once my suit is dry I.... I'm kidding, I'm kidding... While it's impossible to have a sterile environment at home, I think it is good practice to wear gloves, never open your tins outdoors, and make sure you are not jarring them too moist. So far I have been spared by the fungal gods. But there is only so much you can do, and taking it too far can make it not so fun.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Mold in a tin of C&D Anthology 2023. Jarred it less than a month ago. Kinda disappointed cause at almost $14 a tin it isn’t cheap.View attachment 281589
Thanks for posting and informing this group since I for one would like to know on batches that I have purchased. For those who purchased Anthology 2023, I would open the tins and jar it just in case mold is found. An ongoing issue with C&D but it is tobacco.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Mold can occasionally be found on just about any tobacco made by any manufacturer.

The myths of Cornelius Diehlia Aspergillia on these forums are epic urban legend…

I’ve bought thousands of dollars worth of product from them and have yet to run across any mold issues.

And if I were to have an issue, I’d contact the vendor. I’ve heard they are pretty good about replacing any tins that are found to have mold.

Once the tobacco has been opened any mold issues are outside the control of any vendor, as there are numerous variables that can come into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.