PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Has anyone smoked this blend. Sounds interesting and would like to hear what you think about it.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Yep.
I dig it.
Burns and smokes like a drug store burley. No bite. complex and noticeable but not ball breaking cigar overtones.
I like it a lot and will buy more as a staple.
I saw a guy on one of the pipe vlogs saying for him cigar leaf eliminates tongue bite. Sort of makes sens if it's a chemistry thing.
RJ

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Hmmm...how to explain it.
I'd say its a 4-5 on a 1-10. And it does get heavier farther down. I smoked it in a big bowl and it got to be a little cigary.
Very fine smoke though.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
good to know i like cigar blends.....although i have had only one.
C&D Purple Cow

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Phil:
Sit tight and I when I send your pipe I'll send you a couple bowls worth. S/be done this weekend easily and out Monday.
RJ

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
Ghost-Try C&D's Billy Budd, if you like cigar blends and latakia. 5 star blend. IMO.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Yeah people sseem to lean toward Habana Daydream being a toned down version of Billy Budd. Less cigar and maybe a little tamer latakia.
Oppie.
I know you're a Crowley's Best guy. How about some other similar C&Ds. I'm putting together a bulk sampler order of the stuff in the burley, VA/Latakia/Perique ball park.. Recommend any adds or subtract?
So far I have
1) Crowley's Best
2)OJK
3) Bailey's Front Porch
Also snagging soem Bald Headed Teacher (4 Noggins) and Forgotten Memories (John Patton).
Oh and I already have Night Train.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
Jonesing, Engine 99 is really good. Just a little to much latakia for me if I smoke it in the morning. Morley's best is 5 stars. 3 Friars is also excellent. Crowley's Best is the best tobacco I have ever tasted. Bayou Morning is also 5 stars. Bayou Night is the strongest tobacco I have ever had, both in taste and nicotine. However it is wonderful. Epiphany, I think you will also like. Not to over powering. Out of your list I have not had Baileys Front Porch. OJK is stellar, If you think it may be a little strong, try Haunted Bookshop, same blend just toned down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.