PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
In my view, this indicates a good natural blend comprised of tobaccos of mixed cut or moisture level. For example, mix Perique with Burley and you will get a slight clumping effect. As far as the mulchiness... it is what naturals smokers live for, I think. We're all latent gardeners.
I wouldn't disagree if the blend was meant to have tobaccos of varying size, cut, and not mixed together all that well; however, the blends I received were either noticeably different than what I remember or in the case of the few I had not had before they looked dissimilar to the stock pic online. It's not a big deal and I'll smoke through it all in time, but it was something I noticed and wondered whether I was alone.

rsavage

Lurker
Jun 7, 2015
C&D by far the best tobacco from what I have tasted. My favourite is Captain bobs blend. My wife bought a tin of this. By far my favourite tobacco it has

Named for friend and customer Capt. Bob Coffey, Captain Bob's Blend is a mixture of Virginias and Burleys with just a dash of Latakia and Perique and finished with a refreshing flavor.
If you like a grape soda or grape lollipop. Then this is for you. I will be buying more of this. It seems to be my go to tobacco right now.
Here is the link...
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/cornell-diehl/bulk/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=135018

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Agreed rsavage. The choice of top shelf C&D offerings are wide and deep. And for burley lovers...perfection.

rsavage

Lurker
Jun 7, 2015
Not to hijack the thread. Since I love the capt bob. Can anyone compare this with morning bayou and haunted bookshelf. I want to try those. The capt bob is fantastic. The pipe I'm using now, my Brigham will be designated for this smoke. The taste stays with this pipe.

rsavage

Lurker
Jun 7, 2015
Thanks rblood. Sad thing is. I can't get C&D up here in the great white north. At least that I know of.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I wouldn't disagree if the blend was meant to have tobaccos of varying size, cut, and not mixed together all that well; however, the blends I received were either noticeably different than what I remember or in the case of the few I had not had before they looked dissimilar to the stock pic online.
I've noticed the same thing about the stock pics, but figured it was the nature of marketing. Interesting about changes from the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.