PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I expected this to be stronger. I just finished a bowl of Drucquer & Sons Levant Mixture, and this Billy Budd doesn’t excite me anywhere as much. It’d be a mild cigar with a bit of sharp tang. I’d say the Burley is stronger than the Latakia by far, with the Virginia coming through underneath.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I love BB. Give it some time to grow on ya before you make up your mind. I don’t think it’s that strong either but I don’t smoke for strength I smoke for flavor and BB has plenty of complex flavors to give.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Yes, its strength is often overstated in reviews (according to my nicometer), but it's such lovely stuff I don't mind smoking big bowls of it. Among my favorite coffee-drinking blends. The BB Blonde is kind of nice too, though much sweeter and milder.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
LOVE me some Billy Budd ! Always have that and Old Joe Krantz on hand...

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
BB needs some age to develop, IMHO. It loses some sharpness and the base tobaccos blend into a wonderfully smooth, tasty smoke. Add a bit of Semois for a nic boost.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Billy Budd has a nice robust flavor with its cigar leaf condiment, but it's not super strong. I've always liked it and re-ordered several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.