PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
I read some great reviews on C&D Bayou Morning last week. I went to my local B&M and found Bayou Morning Flake. I tried it over the weekend and thought it was pretty harsh. In my ignorance I didn't realize that these 2 blends were different. I wonder if ageing the BMF for a few years or even a few months will mellow it a bit. Does anyone have any experience with BM or BMF?

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I must admit to not being a big fan of BM. Haven't tried the flake. I just found there was too much going on, too harsh, and that the flavors didn't compliment each other.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
Hmmmmm.......You found it "harsh"?

BMF is powerful stuff, at least to me. I at first smoked it for an hour and got a headache and dizziness. It stands as the only blend that ever had that effect. I did eventually finish my tin, but half-bowl at a time.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I enjoy high nicotine blends, and VaPers in particular. I meant harsh in terms of the melding of flavors among the component blends. To my taste, it sought complexity but lacked harmony. A similar blend, minus the Latakia, and with better harmony is (IMO) H&H Freight Train.
I like complex blends with a lot going on (including high N), but would recommend instead Haddo's Delight or even Cairo.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I have a sealed 2.5 year old tin of Bayou Morning up for auction.
http://www.briarbid.com/cornell-and-diehl-bayou-morning-25-year-old-sealed-tin,name,100988,auction_id,auction_details

Aug 14, 2012
Bayou Morning is a great smoke for the first half of the bowl, then the taste begins to get harsher and it ends up downright unpleasant. I enjoy it anyway, the top 2/3.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
I really enjoy Bayou Morning but I agree this is a great example of a tobacco blend that is much better after at least a year in the cellar.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
That settles it. I will transfer the contents of the tin to a small mason jar and tuck it away for a while. I'll write 2018 on th sticker and see if I like it then. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.