Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawyer66

Can't Leave
Nov 21, 2020
Grand Cayman
Well hello again all,

This tobacco is laid out as a Cavendish and Virginia Blend.

Tin note on this one was exploding with maple syrup and whisky (Johnny Walker Red). Nice dark and lighter brown colors. Not too moist, not too dry, bowl-ready. It packed ok, with a decent amount of springiness to it. Took the false light well, and the final light lasted for a while, though I did have a relight or two closer to the bottom of the bowl.

I have heard a lot about this aromatic, it seems to be fairly hit or miss with most. For me, I learned a bit more about aromatics with the bowls of this I have smoked. Also learned a bit more about Virginia-dominant blends as well. It will burn pretty hot if you puff rapidly. I learned through a youtube video, to sip on it every 10 seconds or so. Interestingly, the guy who uploaded it used a digital thermometer to come to that conclusion (funny, but quite informative).

With that in mind, I have enjoyed the last few bowls of this I have had. This one was screaming maple syrup (kinda like Waffle Crisp cereal) which was a nice fit for me. I could taste the maple in the blowout and definitely in the retro-hale. I found the flavor to be very consistent throughout the smoke. The blend dried out a bit in my pouch for a day before my last bowl and I noticed that the flavors were more pronounced. What I liked most about this blend was how incredibly true it was to its tin note. The Virginias were not their usual light taste, which I am guessing is because of the Red Virginia Cavendish. Though I can't put my finger on the words to describe it, I will say I enjoyed this blend a lot and will be ordering more when I am finished with this tin. Still, I can see how this one would be a little too much for some people. I was looking for an aromatic with a wicked room note and strong flavor and I got it with this blend.

I will be doing more reviews on my other blends soon:)

Status
Not open for further replies.