PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I'll bet your son got a kick out of that. There must be something in the air, as I just had most of my beard amputated. I started feeling old, especially when I heard a little kid mention Santa Claus as he walked by.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I tried to stop growing my hair but it didn't work, resorting to a 0 on top and a 1 on the sides.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You look like a wild West outlaw now haha. What does the crew think?
I know who that is! Val Killmer playing the part of Doc Holiday.
"I'm your huckleberry". :rofl:
20180916_194956.jpg

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Liberating, isn't it?
Amazingly so! Went from hair down to my belt to nearly none at all.
It's the only way to go.
I'm hooked. My hair will probably never be any longer again.
I don't understand why he allowed you to keep the mustache.
I did that once. He wouldn't believe I was Daddy until it started growing back! :rofl:
Just wear a hat around the other pirates. :mrgreen:
:rofl:
Did you & charf set us up to say that?!
Happy coincidence, plus hilarious! :rofl:
I'll bet your son got a kick out of that.
He was laughing and clapping the whole time. Even let him help me with the back!
0 on top and a 1 on the sides.
Right now I'm 2 on top and 1 on the sides. May go shorter!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Thanks Neal! I am very pleased with it. Saw pics of my dad as a young man with buzz cuts and had been thinking about doing it for a while and now that I have, I have no idea why I waited so long!

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I have no idea why I waited so long!
Twenty years with short hair and about ten years with a flat-top for me, never thought I'd go back to long but I've been thinking about it. Having gone this long without a comb and do it yourself haircuts is nice though...

Jan 8, 2013
Looks good, Duane. But a word of caution... I used to wear my hair long, and at one time had it down to my belt. Shaved it off once just for kicks with every intention of growing it out again.... and then I started going bald up top :rofl: Now I always buzz it!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Shaved it off once just for kicks with every intention of growing it out again.... and then I started going bald up top :rofl:
8O
I think I'm going to let it grow slightly out then trim to a flat top. It's amazing how heavy and restraining hair can be.

Jan 8, 2013
It's amazing how heavy and restraining hair can be.
Very true. When I first cut off all my hair, I remember, it felt like my head was floating for days :rofl: I miss my hair though. What I miss most, however, is the feeling of the wind blowing through it. Never take for granted the wind in your hair.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I think your son takes after you with a dry quick wit. Next?
You got that right. For years I was the family smart aleck, now my three kids have me beat. I haven't got a chance with them! :rofl:

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Love it. I had long hair for a good chunk of my life, once I cut it I felt like I had been freed. Won’t ever do that again.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I need a top hat and cape!
I notice you sometimes don other attire though, depending on the event. I was even more impressed with this one, of your many death-defying feats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86ZnWc1B7W4

Status
Not open for further replies.