PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I hope you told him brûlée torches aren’t recommended for pipes lol. Bummer this happened and hope you didn’t eat too much $$.
Hi, If it had been a lighter problem I would have expected to see burns at the top of the bowl. There were none. He wouldn't admit it but I suspected he was smoking while driving with the windows down.

I figure I ate about a $150 loss. :(

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
You'll know you have a burnout when a gob of lit tobacco drops in your lap.

Years ago I had a customer in my store who wanted to take up pipe smoking. He only want the "best" pipe and tobacco. I sold him a new Castello. A week later he came in and showed me the Castello had a hole burned right through near the bottom. I gave him a new pipe and advised him against puffing too hard or smoking in the wind. In about another week he came in and it was the same thing again. I tried to discuss it with him but he was irate that I had sold him "defective" pipes. I told him I had smoked Castellos for over 35 years and had never had a burnout, or even heard of one. Finally, I gave him a refund and told him I would not sell him any more guaranteed pipes. I never saw him again. Good riddance. puffy
customer service wouldn't be so bad if there were not so many incompetent idiots who are incapable of blaming themselves for anything. I wonder if these same customer is one of the ones I've had at restaurants who ask if you can do some special order and then go through with that special order even after having it explained why it's a bad idea. Then when it turns out like you said it would they complain. Including if you add no sauce or flavoring the thing will be bland.