PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
It appears, reading around on the internet, that I'm yet another victim of Vegassmokes.com.
I'll spare you all the details, but it followed the exact pattern others have experienced. Confirmation of order received, then.....nothing. No shipping, no tracking. After multiple calls and emails, I received no response.....this is almost a month ago now.
It appears they never even charged me, I supposed that's the good thing. I need to check on that again though. There is one silver lining, which was an amazing experience with Laudisi (American Savinelli distribution) and Smokingpipes.com, which I'll cover in a new thread.
But if you didn't already know....avoid Vegassmokes.com

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I think they are a scam company. I tried to order a book from them since it was sold out at other pipe shops and bookstores. I typed in all card information correctly then I got a separate email asking again for credit card information. I did not provide any information. I tried to call the company and never was able to speak with anyone.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
That sure sounds like a scam job.
Nowadays, with the 'cloud', my wife is always warning me not to type in a credit card number through email. i just know that sooner or later this whole cloud thing (I use it) is going to be cracked and hacked and all of our info will be out for grabs.
Just my worry. YMMV
Allan

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I believe that Vegas Smokes went out of business nearly a decade ago. No idea why they maintain a web site, but it is there.
Thanks BB.
Personally I always make it a habit before buying from an unknown e-tailer to send an email before placing an order. A few times I never got a response and so of course, didn't make a purchase.

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
Thanks for the info. The site looks legitimate...but now I know. The net has just gotten too big, I really only order from sites that also operate a B&M or have been personally recommended. Another reason to be on PM's forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.