PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukpipesmoker

Lurker
Mar 17, 2021
Brighton UK
Soo. I’ve discovered I like light aromatic burly blends.

My favourites are Chatham Manor (Carter Hall match), lane ltd Hazelnut and Duke Albert (Prince Albert match). I also have Sir Walter Raleigh.

I tried haunted bookshop. It wasn’t for me.

What else would you awesome people recommend I try?

Reactions: danimalia

Ukpipesmoker

Lurker
Mar 17, 2021
Brighton UK
Maybe give Edward G Robinson, sutliffs edgeworth ready rubbed match and macbaren golden extra (golden blend in uk maybe?) a go.

I’d also put st Bruno and gh broken flake 7 out there as things that sort of scratch the itch when I’m looking for a work smoke....but then I love haunted bookshop lol
Thanks you. I’ll order some lane limited ready rubbed to try

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Second the suggestion for Amphora Burley. I'd add MacBaren HH Burley Flake and Solani Aged Burley Flake. Watch City Slices, too if it's feasible to order from Watch City. All of these are burley-dominant with a bit of added flavoring.

I like the C&D burleys, like Haunted Bookshop, but it took me a bit to get into them because I found them pretty plain at first. The more I smoked them, initially just to finish off 2 ounce bags, the more I found to appreciate. But YMMV, of course.

Reactions: Ukpipesmoker

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Soo. I’ve discovered I like light aromatic burly blends.

My favourites are Chatham Manor (Carter Hall match), lane ltd Hazelnut and Duke Albert (Prince Albert match). I also have Sir Walter Raleigh.

I tried haunted bookshop. It wasn’t for me.

What else would you awesome people recommend I try?
Broken Flake nos7, Revor plug, and Erinmore Flake

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Thanks you. I’ll order some lane limited ready rubbed to try
This is different to the sutliff version. Some prefer it, others like the sutliff.

Amphora burley is good too. It is packaged really well and has a beautiful broken flake. Kinda makes you feel fancy when loading a bowl.

I’ve heard that ps312 toasted burley is available at pipes and cigars. Keep an eye on whether it becomes available at your supplier. It is a good chocolatey/hazelnut blend

Reactions: danimalia
Status
Not open for further replies.