PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Wow, quite a few connoisseurs of bulk here. I just go with L1-Q and lately, Trout Stream. I have no idea what they are composed of, but TS in particular has great flavor. I wish I knew the difference between Burleys and Virginias and so forth.

Mike, I buy them and re-jar them, the ones that I just know I'll be wanting constantly. I like to put them in the smaller jars also, so that I never have to deal with having a large quantity open at a time, while the rest continues to age. Haddos and Asbury are the two I keep large quantities of.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
I like to buy just small amounts of blends that are new to me. However, small bags of flakes, kakes or plugs may not travel well and you can end up with much "rubbed out" tobacco or even dust. So if you can, buy small units of these cuts in tins, then buy big bags of the ones you like.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
SG- BBF,FVF,SJF 250 gram box. PS navy flake, BEF 1lb boxes. H&H read the mixes and buy in 8oz tins not loose bulk.
Now how much you smoke determines how much you put into your smoking rotation. The only thing that ages is Virginia so break that up and cellar it for at least a year.
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.