PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I have a pretty steady rotation of both. I try to only have two or three tins open at one time to encourage me to actually finish them before they get all dry and crumbly. When I want a break from tin blends, Ill pull out a bulk blend I have sitting around. I realize that I could just jar up all the tinned blends that I have but I dont have the storage space or the number of jars to do that.

baldy

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2011
Because of the cost and hassle of shipping to Canada I like to buy my tins in bulk and bulk when it's available. If everything is available in bulk, I'd buy all bulk.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
If McClelland sold Arcadia, Celebrated Sovereign, or Blue Mountain in bulk I would buy them by the pound. But since they don't, I'm buying tins.
Are you listening, McClelland?

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
If I had the money I would buy in bulk! But as I like to smoke several different blends in the same day, I can either buy a few tins of various blends or one type in bulk. So, I have a load of empty tins laying around waiting for me to come up with something to do with them!

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
I always by my main tobacco in bulk usually Gawith and Hoggarth blends that I change from time to time but I always order a few tins with my bulk order as I love trying new tobaccos and love variety.

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
By far, I purchase most of my tobacco in bulk from a local shop. I pick up a tin once in a while, even though it's more expensive, to add variety.

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
If McClelland sold Arcadia, Celebrated Sovereign, or Blue Mountain in bulk I would buy them by the pound. But since they don't, I'm buying tins.
Are you listening, McClelland?

I talked to Mike McNiel at the KC Pipe Show about buying Black Label and Brown Label blends in bulk. His response was "Never have, never will!"

Status
Not open for further replies.