Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I am smoking Bulk Nitecap and love it, I usually avoid Bulk as I like the tins better, so with my large order of Dunhill tins at P&C I ordered a lb and see I will order more.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I received a bulk pound and a tin of Nightcap from P&C - I agree with ya, it's mighty fine stuff!
I also picked up some EMP and 965. I find both of them satisfying in their own way. 965 seems more mellow than EMP or 965 to me. Smoking the EMP very slowly has worked best for me.
That Nightcap is uniquely satisfying though. Maybe it's the perique. After a bowl (which lasts a good hour in a small pipe), I am good to go for most of the day. No nicotene need to fill. Just happiness, and a tasty smoke.

Jan 8, 2013
Agreed. I have yet to try Nightcap in a tin, but my B&M carries the bulk, and I keep some on hand at all times.

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
Smoking the EMP very slowly has worked best for me.
I too picked up some EMP in bulk. I love the stuff and is my standard morning smoke. I agree that it is best sipped slowly, especially with a good cup of coffee!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I bought some 965 in bulk, after first trying it in a tin, and it seems as if it is exactly the same

blend. Just pop it in a jar to keep it fresh. I'm aging a tin of Nightcap, but I wouldn't hesitate

to buy it in bulk.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
From trying 965, EMP and Nightcap in tins and in bulk, I do believe that I cannot taste the difference.
Now, I have not been known to be the most discerning pipe tobacco aficionado, but in my opinion, there is no difference between bulk and tins, except for the price.
(Just received 1 lb from 4 Noggins).

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Night Cap is a most like tobacco to me. I do also got 1 lb bulk and did put into mason jars.

I am planning to store 2+ years.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I've got enough tins of Nightcap on hand for now, but I've been ordering 965 in bulk and couldn't be happier to see Nightcap finally made it onto that list. My next order will contain equal portions of each destined for a set of glass jars!

frost

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2014
Colorado
I've been very happy with the bulk EMP, 965 & Nightcap- three of my favorites. I'm enjoying a bowl of Nightcap right now, thanks for the suggestion!

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
My only issue is that I will never be happy paying regular price for it after that awesome sale .... Should have purchased more than a pound of each but it is hard to store bacci in an apartment .

Status
Not open for further replies.