Buffalo, NY or Western New York Pipe Clubs?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
I went to Smoker's Haven Southtown's today (West Seneca)

Nice guy! I didn't get his name though. He answered all of my questions and politely corrected me. He was very helpful. He helped me pick out 4 different tobaccos. Brians' Blend, Old Toby, Lord Nelson, and Monarch. I bought an ounce of each. Not too many tins for sale. But I don't remember seeing too many tins for sale at Vigil either. Smoker's Haven definitely has more pipes and maybe a couple few more bulk tobacco's. But both carry Seville and may have other simular/same bulks but my memory isn't that good. I did notice, and hubby noticed too, that Virgil's tobacco is about $1.00 to $1.50 cheaper per ounce. But, I don't know how the tax is figured. Is it taxed after at Virgil? I'll have to ask the next time I'm there. I know the price per oz includes the 75% NY State Sin Tax (which, in and of itself is a sin. Don't get me started!) at Smoker's Haven. This could account for the price difference.

I like both B&Ms. I will go to both. Hubby's all like "It's cheaper on line." But agreed with me when I said that we need to visit out B&M's because we need to support local business. It will be a balancing act for who gets my dollar and how my dollar is spent. I suppose it will come down to what I'm looking for. They both post their tobacco lists. If you're looking for a certain tobacco and are in the area, check to see who has what.
http://www.smokershavenwny.com/hand_blended.htm
I do have to say that I'm kinda' sweet on Ang at Virgil. I can't help it, it's the Italian in me ;)
http://www.virgilave.com/images/stories/Pipe_Tobacco_list.pdf
ETA: I dunno why the url is acting weird for smoker's haven and virgil ave? I'm leaving the addy for it anyway, even though it may be un-linked. Sorry for the inconvenience.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Misu, I have Brian's Blend and it is great IMHO. Its got a nice room note but good flavour. Enjoy!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Misu:
If you would like to see additional GBD pipes go to this website
www.smokershaven.com
The actual store is in Ohio. They were the largest GBD dealer from the 1940's thru the early 80's.
I live in FL and have bought many pipes from them. Plus if you buy any tobacco from them there is no extra taxes added. You just pay the website price
I hope you find this information helpful.
Doug

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
Misu, I have Brian's Blend and it is great IMHO. Its got a nice room note but good flavour. Enjoy!

Thank you :) I still haven't tried it. I haven't had my evening pipe yet. That may be the one to try tonight.

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
If you would like to see additional GBD pipes go to this website
http://www.smokershaven.com
The actual store is in Ohio. They were the largest GBD dealer from the 1940's thru the early 80's.

Thanks Doug :) I will have to check them out. I came across that very website when I was searching for the smoker's haven by my house.
Whatever pipe I see and want will have to wait. The wallet's on lock down right now. :cry:

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
I just tried Brian's Blend. I like it. It's a nice, sit back and relax, kinda' tobacco. It may even go good with the wine I like to drink in the backyard by the fire. It's a keeper. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.