PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
stuff-031-600x450.jpg

I just got this in the mail (only need the toby to show up and happy i will be). but anyway its stem just doesnt want to come off. any ideas anyone??

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Don't force, shank could be easily cracked.If not glued for a previous problem (sometime i've seen pipese with that problem)you could try to put the stem into a glass full of hot water till where briar meet vulcanite.Then slowly turn on right and on left.If stem does not move stop you.I can't imagine other way

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Scratch that it was glued and i didnt think i forced it thaat much , but yeah i did and now every four lettered word just came out of my mouth. :x

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Next time, put that pipe in the freezer for a few hours. The wood will shrink, thats all you need to do most of the time.

Sorry about the pipe Seanz....

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
ahh a hair dryer.. yeah i am calm now you should have been here twenty minutes ago.

to make it worse it was in real good nic for an estate just some light scratching on the briar oh well live and learn

loneredtree

May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
[Next time, put that pipe in the freezer for a few hours. The wood will shrink, thats all you need to do most of the time.

Sorry about the pipe Seanz...]
That was my hint also. The plastic should shrink more than the wood. Heating the bit will cause it to expand and fit tighter so do not heat it. You could heat the wood and cool the bit. Then the shank would expand and the bit would shrink which is what you want to happen. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.