PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some people don't like any vegetables at all. Some people just hate a few. I really like nearly all vegetables.

I guess my parents didn't push them at me, and when I was hungry, they helped feed the hunger. It does help

to have roast pork and mashed potatoes with them, yes. Or steak, or black bass, etc. My wife roasts a variety

of vegetables, including Brussel sprouts, turnips, rutabagas, broccoli, squash, etc. That little carmelized edge

really makes them tasty. She grew up in remote farm country but spent her life in Greenwich Village, so she

does fusion cooking, farm and international. Mighty fine.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
They are indeed good, but the last time I ate any, I ended up in the hospital for emergency surgery! That's a story for another time though! Oh by the way, the same thing happened with kraut and weenies!

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Funny seeing these old threads come up again. A lot of members posted that I haven't heard from in years. RIP for Hilojohnny. Many great posts from him back in the day ...

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
I happen to live in the middle of Brussel-sprout-country here and we've just had our first night of frost. We sprout-lovers anticipate this event with great expectation because finally, those Brussel sprouts are as sweet as they should be. Either in a course mash with pan-fried potatoes or on their own with some kind of decently marbled pork, those sprouts are a thing to look forward to. An onion should be always be there, IMO.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
With almost 30 yrs as a white table Chef, I'm the one with the adventurous palate in my home. I love brussel sprouts and that roasted method is wonderful. Unfortunately can't sell them to the rest of the family. Another veg on the sharp/savory profile broccoli rabe pares well with pork. As I said if I prepare them they're all mine!

Just as well.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.