PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clunk

Lurker
Apr 9, 2012
At this moment in time i'm in an old barn in Scotland with three desert storm pals. One has Mac Barens Seven Seas Regular Blend in an estate, one has Peterson Sunset Breeze in a Meerschaum, and one has Borkum Riff Cherry in an Ashton Estate. Me, I have Windsor Breeze in an Ashton. My old stove is about to boil up water and the old tin mugs have the coffee in.
Please god, let now last for ever.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Please god, let now last for ever.

Make sure that you get four female companions in there before you say the prayer. Forever will get old in a real hurry being stuck in an old barn with three other guys. I hope I'm not too late...

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
The moment will last forever, if you let it. Keep it close to the heart and revisit it often, keeping the fire lit, the stove warm, and the conversations like songs that will not leave your thoughts. Human memory ignores the laws of physics and permits an ability to travel through time; the heart gives it permanence.
Enjoy, my friend. Drink a cup and smoke a bowl for me.

clunk

Lurker
Apr 9, 2012
Those were very much emoitional three days for me. The last time i saw these guys we were in a hole listening to lead wasps fly overhead, shooting at every noise we heard. Twenty years later i get a letter with a picture of us all standing next to an iraqi tank, and a note containing a date, time, and place, nothing else. Everyone else had the same, and everyone turned up. For some strange we all brought along our tin army mugs.

arinbjorn

Might Stick Around
Sep 14, 2011
Those moments are priceless. I agree, keep the memory alive! And create more!
I also thank you for your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.