PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
Since in this house pipe-racks are dangerous (my two sons shaking the heavens with fighting, smashing and all sorts of demolition practice) and a few near death experiences for my Ardors, Ser Jacs, Balkovecs and other greats...I said to myself I better find a better way....so IMHO I think I did ;-)
So I now use the pipe-racks for after smokes, proper air'in/dry times and then they will go here to be safe from Thor's hammer :rofl:

001-069-0154_1.jpg

Drawers

001-069-0155_1.jpg

All together now

001-069-0154_2-600x519.jpg

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
Thats pretty intense a good idea. Mine lay around on the mantle of in a drawer.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, that looks exactly like what I need. I have this great, vintage smokers stand and had my regular rotation stored on top in racks/stand. But, we now own a cat who likes to jump on things, so all of my pipes have been removed to safer ground. That looks like it will fit nicely on top of this. Can you post a picture of it filled with your pipes? $31 from SmokingPipes.com, seems like a nice deal and safe storage.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Resurrecting this thread since I just discovered these. Wow!

Looks like SP doesn't sell these anymore and I can't seem to find them elsewhere online.
Does anyone have any leads on their whereabouts? Maybe discontinued?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I don't know about those but I've been considering something like a valet tray:
91J1bLgDXbL._SL1500_.jpg

Or simpler but maybe stack-able:
513FmxgsYeL._SL1000_.jpg

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
Resurrecting this thread since I just discovered these. Wow!

Looks like SP doesn't sell these anymore and I can't seem to find them elsewhere online.
Does anyone have any leads on their whereabouts? Maybe discontinued?
The pipe version was discontinued. It came about during a meeting between Dan More (of Brigham), Brian Levine (then of Brigham) and me in 2011 or 2012. They were the distributor for Stackers, which were mostly jewelry trays. I suggested they take the masculine version and make a pipe stacker version, which, frankly, I thought would be seriously cool. Dan thought this was a great idea. They made thousands (because these sorts of things require large runs). We--Smokingpipes.com--sold a few hundred bottoms and tops over the next four years and Brigham sold tiny quantities to other shops.
And they had more than half that initial run left four years later. Clearly I was very wrong about the wider marketability of this product.
We (Smokingpipes and Brigham in cooperation) closed them out as discounted sets in 2016.
Dan eventually forgave me, I think...
So, yes, they're all gone now. People who bought them seemed to really like them, but it definitely didn't set the wider pipe world on fire the way I thought it would.
Sykes

Status
Not open for further replies.