PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a nice collection of Brighams. Thanks for the explanations on their filter system, it sounds interesting. I have never smoked a pipe with a filter even though I have had 6 and 9mm filtered pipes. They all smoked fine without so I never bothered to try a filter.

Dec 24, 2012
I may have to try a Brigham with the filter. I don't generally like aromatics, but on occasion I smoke them if the wife is around because certain aros are the only ones she finds "room friendly". Up until recently I only used my cobs for aros (not wanting to ghost my good briars). The problem is that aros burn me, often really badly. Then the solution came to me. I have this large Peterson House pipe that holds a 9mm filter (with a p-lip). I had never used a filter, but I bought some and tried it out with an aro in that Pete. It was amazing. I have never had tongue bite since. It gives me a nice pleasant smoke no matter what goopy mess I'm smoking. So now its the only pipe I have devoted to aros.
Maybe I should add a Brigham to aro duty.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
thats a beautiful Brigham rothnh it would make a fine addition to any collection i say pull the trigger on it. you wont be disappointed if anything do what i do and put some weltches grape jelly in the bowl :rofl:

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Ever since I heard Ollie's interview of Brian Levine on oompaul.com I've been interested in purchasing a Brigham and the Brigham system. The filters seem reasonably priced and my understanding is you can get 25 to 30 smokes out of each maple filter.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I confess to being a little bit scared off not by the filter system, but by the bowl coating that they use. Does anybody have anything to offer on that topic? The company claims that it prevents burnout, a problem I've never experienced, but I wonder if it effectively prevents building up a good cake. I'm willing to be instructed by anybody who has good info.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I have a Brigham, which has yet to reach 20 bowls smoked i'm sure, but to me it seems like it already feels like there is some build up of something or other going on. I've never had a pipe with an actual cake yet so its just my guess.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
My cartoon contest Brigham has maybe twenty bowls through it and is starting to cake up nicely. The finish on the outside got on my fingers for the first five bowls or so; couldn't figure out what it was. Thanks for reminding me about the filter; I'd forgotten about that :)

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
As so many others have said, this is a great-looking collection of pipes. (I'm a sucker for fairly traditional English styles, though.) And it's heartening to know that they're working well for you. To be honest, I'd never even heard of Brigham until it was mentioned on the Radio Show (and I've been smoking/buying pipes for most of my 51 years). I'm not a fan of any kind of inserted filtering, but since these pop out like Savinelli's balsa filters, I have to say I'm definitely interested in checking out some Brigham pipes.
Bob

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
Loseth, reading the information at this link should prove useful and assist you in enjoying your Brigham better.
Sorry, I wasn't very specific, I was referring to the possible beginning of a cake build up in my bowl, I use and am knowledgable on the filter system.

Status
Not open for further replies.