PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Link please! Briarworks teased months ago that Cornell & Diehl would be producing blends for them by November, but then I never heard any updates after that (at least not on Instagram, which seems to be a primary communication channel for them).

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
http://laudisi.com/briarworks-international.cfm

They look like they come in actual mason jars, which must be a pain to pack so they won't break and also the extra shipping weight has to be costly. There is going to be a Laudisi rep at my local B&M this weekend, if I can get there, I'll ask about it and will ask any questions any of you may have.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
They had Bacon Old Fashioned and Pete's Beard Blend at the West Coast Show. Both were enjoyable. Pete did mention the VaPer flake in that it was in development and he had a sample which was rally good.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Pete's Beard, now that sounds appetizing, how about Dave's armpit ?,I mean come on, gotta be able to do better than that. Then again there are some blends out there that sound worse.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
There were two more blends teased a while back, "Sweet Tea" and "Unsweet Tea." Maybe aromatic and non-aromatic versions of a similar mixture? I guess those two aren't ready yet.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
The Bacon Old Fashioned is quite good ! I'm not a fan of aromatics and the tin note is very citrus-y with the Dark Fired leaf just a faint background note. In the pipe, they switch places and the citrus is just a hint while the Dark Fired is dominant (though not overpowering by any means, quite light actually). It is a nice change of pace from heavy blends, without being too light.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Take existing C&D stock, add redneck hipster appeal, drop it in a jar (because shards makes tobacco more manly) and add half again to the price....Brilliant!
Edit: price is just slightly higher than msrp of gl pease.

Status
Not open for further replies.