PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I have one I bought new on eBay, got a nice deal on it. The quality is superb but you have to understand the definition of quality first. The fit and finish are excellent, the drilling seems to be done perfectly.
It's a factory pipe. No reason it wouldn't be good. This one smokes reasonably well. Good enough to smoke on a reasonably regular basis. And it looks nice. It's not a high end Artisan pipe or a Castello but for the price, a great value IMHO. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another if I saw something I liked.

laniromee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2018
Well, I'm one of those annoying Briarworks fans. That's because while I had owned very well established and highly regarded briars before, I was a harcore cob snob for years. It was an Icarus bent apple that truly converted me: one smoke out of that bowl and I understood.

dadosaurusrex

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2019
I think that Briarworks pipes are excellent. I own five of their pipes now and every single one of them smokes perfectly. The draw is fantastic, the bits are really comfortable, and they even seem to break in a little quicker than other briars. I've actually gotten to the point that I usually reach for one of my Briarworks pipes over my Castellos and Jaconos. Anyway, they are a great bang for your buck and I would definitely say to give one a try.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
I have a morta cherrywood that they make for Steve Norse (Vermont Freehand) using his design. It's a very good pipe. I wish they would use some ebonite.

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
I think for the money, they are excellent value. I'd be inclined, at that price point to select one of their pipes over a Pete or Sav. Of course, esthetics play into that as well. Specifically, I am referring to their classic line of pipes. I have no experience with the Icarus or Neptune line.

jbay555

Lurker
Aug 31, 2019
Great pipes by great people. I run a tobacco shop in Pensacola Florida and in my experience Briar Works are some of the best smokers in their price range that I have experienced. I have a couple and love them both! Smoking Pipes has them frequently in their Estate section because their parent company offers retailers a trade in program for credit for pipes that aren’t selling.

Reactions: bnichols23
Status
Not open for further replies.