PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
That's too bad thier pipes seemed very well made at a good price point. However it seemed their business model was targeted at the big boy houses that have been doing excellent repetitive pipes for generations. Tough task.

ebklodt

Might Stick Around
Nov 9, 2012
I enjoyed my time with Micheal, Sarah, Joe, and Nate. They definitely helped me improve my pipe making and sold a lot of pipes for me last year. I'm not sure the reason for the closing but I wish them all well.
I just wished they were closer as so I could have spent more time with them as there was a lot of knowledge and a willingness to share in that shop.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Sad news.
To all our patrons and supporters, it is with heavy hearts that we must announce Briarlab is shutting down. It is simply no longer feasible for us to continue our vision at this point.
The website will be closed within a couple weeks, and we encourage you to look our member pipemakers up directly and continue to support their wonderful work!
We want to thank everyone who supported us throughout our growth and say we have been blessed with the friendships we've formed in the process We are truly heartbroken to have to let it go.
Briarlab

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
It's a shame to see essentially a maker space disappear like that. I followed them for certain makers, but I'm not sure if they were ever going to really make money. It seemed that they were really just benefiting the community.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have no idea how I missed this, but here we are a year later and I'm like, "Oh, BriarLabs closed. No wonder why I haven't heard much from them recently.". I really have been lacking in my forum/social media presence in the community over the past year.

Status
Not open for further replies.