PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I picked up a tin of this to try. It comes as one solid VA plug. I actually quite enjoyed this - though it is much more nutty than sweet. It kind of reminded me of Union Square in that my perception is that this is high quality tobacco, but seems a bit young. I will resample some in a day or two, but I may buy some more of this stuff for the cellar. Like US, I am left with the distinct impression that it will age wonderfully. Anybody else have any experience with this blend?

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
It does age well. It's a mainstay of mine, it's definitely better after a year.

reap

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
It's good stuff, I've got some in the cellar. Affordable too. The first couple of times I tried it I was blown away, but afterwards it was just good. Recommended.

Dec 24, 2012
Yeah, I don't know Roth. That's is what I tasted. I tasted the same in US though, FWIW, so it may just be my taste buds. To me it was like barrel sampling a fine bordeaux - tasty but comes off as a bit "green" - and the definite whisp of cellaring potential fills the air.

Dec 24, 2012
In fairness, I do get that nutty taste from young LBF too - it's kind of a hay taste but also kind of a nutty taste (at least to me). I was expecting sweetness, like with Anni Kake, but whatever sweetness was present was very restrained. I would be curious to know what is in the blend beside golden Vas.
The packaging was nothing like Anni Kake. I have yet to open a tin of AK where the kake was still in tact. BF is really a plug I think.

Dec 24, 2012
The 2oz tin I opened up today was pretty close to that - there were a few shards of crumble - but the bulk of it was one solid and hard cake (I chopped through it with my plug knife)

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I like this blend a lot and will continue to get it. Sweet or nutty don't matter it just tastes good.

Status
Not open for further replies.