PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Not tried st bruno as of yet. I should do thou as that's all my grandad used to smoke. Some shops have it otc here.
Where do you get it from usually?
Definitely get a small pouch of it man. I’ve only tried Ogden’s stuff so far so can’t comment on Macbaren version yet . I just got through forum members or smokingpipes back when I used to order

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Ok so more like conniston than Bruno?
I believe it’s a similar flavor or even the same an conniston but with the ingredient percentages flipped.

so if bosun is 75% light leaf and 25% dark... conniston is 75% dark leaf and 25% light.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I have a tin of Ennerdale I’ve yet to smoke, I believe around 7-9 years of age.

I just ordered on SPC Bosun Cut Plug and Kenndale Flake, both in bulk, can’t wait to try these all out.

P.S. I will smoke these in Cobs. ;)

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I have a ‘64 Dunhill Shell Briar billiard that I save for my Condor...it’s just makes sense. The rest of whatever Lakeland essence I may experience is relegated to either a Meer of MM. Ghosting can happen on any pipe including Meers and cobs. If you designate a blend to pipe the tobacco & pipe will meld and become one. Even the hand oils & your DNA will eventually impart themselves onto your pipes and season it accordingly. ☕

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
When I quit I had about 25 cobs and 35 briars. When I ordered cobs I ordered 10 and when I ordered tobacco I ordered a lb. I bought tins but much more bulk. I bought big and bought for value.

I didn't smoke many aros with the exception of 1792, to which I dedicated a big Italian billiard. Every other aro got smoked in a cob, including Condor. I sensed magic in this blend but never found it, which was good because after two credit card orders I stopped buying it.

Credit card debt even in service of Condor is not justifiable and not a value. Not tainting briars with aros is.

Oct 7, 2016
I smoke anything in anything. I do stick to straight Virginia’s when breaking a in a new pipe, but otherwise I don’t give any thought to what tobacco to smoke in what pipe. But I have lots of variety in both pipes and blends, Lake District and otherwise, so nothing really gets repeated back to back in the same pipe except by random chance.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Here is my dedicated pipe to Lakeland’s, an old GL Lillehammer i accidentally scored unsmoked. It’s the only danish style pipe I own as well. About to go spend the evening in the orchard so this thread helped me decide what to smoke. The only reason I have dedicated a pipe to the genre is because I love the ghost that is developing in the bowl. Actually my favourite way to smoke st Bruno is alternating it smoke for smoke with haunted bookshop in a cob. The floral comes through more as ghost and well adds a rather fitting dimension to HB.

DEF03EBA-B29A-4980-84A1-F858C4D7D91D.jpeg