PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
"This morning the 113th congress of the United States passed by a landslide vote of 530-5 the 'Prohibition of Cancer Causing Agents' act. This effectively prohibits the sale or use of any tobacco product from January 1st 2015 forward. Speaker of the House John Boehner said 'This marks a great day in the history of healthcare in this nation and will save millions of American lives' Protests from tobacco manufacturers who are upset at the clandestine way in which the bill was introduced commented 'This bill is a black mark on the freedoms afforded to us by the constitution. If we can't sell thousands of pounds of pipe tobacco a month to a few dozen men on internet forums then how will we make a living?'
Needless to say I'm shocked...

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
My jaw dropped, and my breath caught.....well done merry prankster. Terrifying.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
I might have kind of believed it for a moment had you said Nancy Pelosi instead of Boehner :wink:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
... and Peck's dreams of becoming a wealthy black marketeer came crashing to a halt with one April Fool's Day joke.
Hmmmm. Tobacco Magnate has a nice ring to it.
-- Pat

lurch76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2013
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/defense-secretary-looking-banning-tobacco-sales-military-installations_786389.html
You aren't too far off. The Defense Secretary is looking at banning sales for the military.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Sadly, I wasn't all that shocked at seeing this... I wouldn't put it past any of those power grubbing crooks currently walking the halls of congress. That said, I'm certainly glad it isn't true (at least, for now).

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
Wow, had me for a good 5 minutes until I looked at the calendar on the wall at work. Lol if they're going to ban cancer causing agents, they might as well ban half of what Americans use in daily life. Too much of anything can cause harm.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Nice job. Reading that thread title here at work had me for a sec and woke me up a lot more than this large cup of black coffee i'm drinking simultaneously while typing this! Well done and thanks for the caffeine-free jolt!

decigar

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2013
Dang I wish I knew about this before. I spent all my money on a bridge.

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
LMFAO. I was thinking, holy crap, time to really get to work on my cellering....
Great joke....well worded....Very well delivered...
:worship: :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.