Breaking News From The BBC: 37 Day Poo Strike Yet To Prove Guilt In The End.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Hmmm in America could you plead the 5th by saying taking a crap would be testifying against yourself? :nana:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I do not really care about people using drugs/drink so long as I am not required to subsidize them or otherwise be affected by their behavior.
This article is hard to read, because I cannot imagine going thirty-seven days with that bodily process interrupted. It does sound cruel, and like a bad health idea, to be honest.
I say get out the elbow gloves, end his misery, and then exile him to somewhere where he can do all the drugs he wants. Like Mexico.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"What is funny about your story?

I don't laugh at torturing people"

First off it is not my story. Secondly the only torture being committed is by the prisoner himself.
"Holding someone against their will for eternity is torture. Convict him in court at least."
Never heard of Guantanamo Brightleaf?
Regards,
Jay.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
I don't pretend that our country is a beacon on a hill. I could easily post news article after news article about injustice, corruption and subversion in this country. I don't see this site as a place to post random news links to spread a non-pipe related political messages.
All of the writing on BBC comes from the mindset of a particular political clique. Would you want someone to post random FOX news links here everyday, and then suggest they are not being political?
Putting up BBC story after BBC story filled with politics and assuming it won't be discussed politically is naive. Without politics your post only leaves us to roll around in shit.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
14718589_1219550044772965_2891852202421894156_n.jpg

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
I don't pretend that our country is a beacon on a hill. I could easily post news article after news article about injustice, corruption and subversion in this country. I don't see this site as a place to post random news links to spread a non-pipe related political messages.
All of the writing on BBC comes from the mindset of a particular political clique. Would you want someone to post random FOX news links here everyday, and then suggest they are not being political?
Putting up BBC story after BBC story filled with politics and assuming it won't be discussed politically is naive. Without politics your post only leaves us to roll around in shit.
I bet you're fun to share an armrest with. Lighten up, fella.
It was simple and concise reporting of some facts from a criminal case posted in the "General Discussion" corner of the forum. Frankly, stories of stupidity like this are entertaining and good for a giggle. That was Jay's intention when he posted it. It was not political until you waded in with your axe in need of grinding. One can turn anything political if one chooses to.

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
The view of who is stupid in this case is subjective. Paying two officers 24 hours a day for this guy is a waste of money. Holding him for so long that he loses his job, house and gets behind of bills so that your government has to feed, house and pay his bills is stupid. I still don't see your news of intentionally harming a person as good for a giggle. People who believe the news and don't see their own political bias are blind. I guess you want this site to turn into the Drudge Report.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Brightleaf, I'd love to know what was political about the BBC news story I posted where some bonehead cemented his head in a microwave oven.
As Jazz says, you need to lighten up and stop politicizing every thread. If you are so against me posting such stories then just refrain from reading them.....quite simple really.
I repeat, this story was posted purely for its humour value and nothing else though sadly it is likely to be closed due to one person with a single track mind.
Regards,
Jay.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
I still don't see your news of intentionally harming a person as good for a giggle
You have comprehension issues. NO ONE is intentionally harming anyone. How about people being responsible for their own actions? It is HIS choice. He can drop one of the kids off at the pool WHENEVER he wants. The reason he has not is more than likely because he knows he is bang to rights guilty. It is not because a court has ordered he is never allowed to use a toilet again.
I'll continue to read them and expose their political point of view
Even though turning threads political is against the forum rules.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Jay has posted odd stories of interest on a regular basis and we have enjoyed them, or at least wondered over the oddness of them. None of it has been political.
Brightleaf, not everything is an affront to your world view. I used to do activist and organizing work. I do understand your mindset, but you must be able to switch it off occasionally, both for your benefit and that of those around you.
Have a little Molly Ivans: “So keep fighting for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't forget to have fun doin' it.”
You currently have hammer syndrome. (To a boy with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.)
Jay, thanks for the interesting, not political article.
jay-roger.jpg
(the other one)

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
I enjoyed this article from BBC. Thanks for posting the link.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When I was in Navy boot camp eons ago, a recruit in a different company died of an impacted bowel. presumably because he couldn't have a movement in the unpartitioned bathrooms of the barracks. I guess providing six minutes of privacy to recruits presents other problems, but I admit those days were not the best for my regularity either. LIkewise, shipboard. You do what you can do, when you can do it.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Other than the gross delight of this story, I am somewhat concerned about the dude. 37 days? When does the body just shut down?

shanegreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 17, 2018
Deathmetal, you would be amazed...I think. I remember being backed up for weeks in boot camp. Adjusting to going when told, when given 20 minutes for shit, shower, and shave was difficult. There were no stalls, and a line sanding in front of you watching and telling you to hurry. The diet was much better than the nutraloaf one would eat in prison, which would alleviate some of the effort on this man's part. It was no fun. I know I did not go over 30 days. It was rough though. This was many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.