PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
Corn Cob rules !!

Been my favorite smoke and good'ol reliable !!

Stock up on pipe tobacco before you leave, the selection and availability is really limited up here. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love my cobs. I've not found any break-in necessary, just pack 'em and smoke 'em. It may be my

imagination, but having replaced the black plastic stems with MM amber stems, it seems that the

amber may be somewhat more chew resistant. Has anyone else had this experience? Still, a

"forever stem" sounds good. Also, since the pipes are inexpensive, I recommend buying both

filtered and unfiltered models. Some mild tobacco can't be tasted at all through a filter.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I ditched all of my cob filters, and haven't really missed them. I've only had one of the black plastic bits go really sideways (big ol' tooth divot dead center), but I'm just not fond of the orange see-through bits. I've purchased one Forever Stem and love it! Will be upgrading the cobs I smoke most often (the Great Dane, Washington, and the Legend) as time and money allow...
I didn't notice any corn flavor/aroma myself, but I'm a n00b and probably wasn't paying attention. :D But they're great for novices who want to build a quick rotation and start learning about different tobaccos.

Status
Not open for further replies.