PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabepiper

Lurker
Oct 31, 2018
Hello, brand new to pipe smoking. Looking for recommendations on tobacco. I'm a wuss. I like hazelnut flavored creamer in my coffee. I like Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce over Spicer dry rubs. And I don't mind my wife's scented candles. I'm looking for a sweet, super mild taste, and something great smelling that my wife will like. Ready go.

Lane Ltd 1Q, a quality vanilla Virginia. There are better Virginias, better vanillas... but this one is affordable, and every tobacconist carries it. And, I'll bet that the majority of the pipe smoking world started off with it. Plus, you won't scald your mouth too much as you are learning how to smoke as slow as possible.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Along those lines, I like Spilman Mixture (Iwan Ries, among other retailers), a notably mild English blend; Nat Sherman 536, the most refined English blend with burley that I know of; and for aromatics, Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic with Virginia as a condiment and flavored with three liqueurs. 1-Q is great, and you might like Russ O.'s Log Cabin. I don't think any of those would strike out with your wife. My wife especially comments favorably on SWR Aro.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome Wannabepiper. Sutliff Molto Dolce , Rattray's Exotic Passion and if you have a Tinder Box nearby...Honey Maple. I don't smoke the TB Honey Maple very often but when I do...I enjoy it.

Jan 8, 2013
These days I'd rather recommend a non aromatic to a beginner, but since it seems your heart's set on it, I'll recommend Lane's BCA. It's fantastic black cavendish aromatic that is sweet, cool on the tongue, burns well, and can double for sweetening up a non aromatic blend as well. And the room note should be quite pleasing to your wife. It was one of my first blends, and I still enjoy it. When I was first beginning to smoke a pipe I had no issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.