PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Nice to meet u sir, retired Canadian Army. Worked as a contractor doing CPP duty for Finnish Ambassador to Afghanistan. Home now and glad to be out of the sand. I agree with the comments about briar rather than meer. I had a Peterson spigot with army mount that I could take apart and stow in my plate carrier pocket. Pop the stem in and load a bowl as quich as you could light a cig. If you need anything sent to you PM me. We'll see u get looked after. Keep your head and ass down! Embrace the suc!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Welcome Jim. I agree, that a Churchwarden would not be my first choice in a pipe unless you went with something like the HCA with dual stems. The only ones I have are cobs with the forever stem as mentioned above. I hope you enjoy your time here and thank you for your service!

piper50

Lurker
Feb 25, 2014
Hey Bud! First and foremost, Thanks for serving. Like you I also enjoy cigars. However, the more I do Pipes the less I smoke cigars. Pick one you like the looks of - you'll smoke it more. Go slow - relax - take it from another newbie - go slow!

jsmarriner

Lurker
Feb 24, 2014
@piper50

Yeah brother, I ordered my pipe a few days ago, I did a link but I am going to try to post an image in my next post. I love the look of it and it should be here in about 5-6 more days.
@piperl12

Your generosity leaves me almost speechless. I cant think of anything I really need over here. I ordered two tins of CAO tobacco when I ordered the pipe and tool. But the offer of support really touched me. Thank you.

jsmarriner

Lurker
Feb 24, 2014
Lets see if this works. This is my pipe I orderd from one of the site sponsers.
1779097_857407850942704_417020762_n.jpg

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Awesome looking pipe! If you are looking for low cost high quality pipes talk to smokeybear great guy to deal with and lots of excellent trypis pipes can be had for reasonable price.

Jan 8, 2013
How did I miss this thread? Welcome Jim, as current active Army, recently returned from the Stan, I know that you wont find anything in the shops around there... looks like you made a great choice. Glad to hear it.

jsmarriner

Lurker
Feb 24, 2014
OK, because so many of you fellas suggested it, I ordered this MM cob as a secondary pipe. I actually like the look of it. Looking forward to giving it a good try.
1964925_860513260632163_1883956868_n.jpg

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
The Danish Egg style is comfortable to the hand (bet you can't have just one). You can add a Forever stem later.
The briar is a good looking pipe, enjoy it in good health!

jsmarriner

Lurker
Feb 24, 2014
So I recieved my Nording in the mail today. I havent had a chance to smoke it yet, still tied to my work station. However, holy crap, I did not expect th bowl to be that big. I know on the site I ordered from they had the dimentions listed but I guess I am just spacially challenged. Still, I like the look of it, lets just hope it smokes as well as it looks. Of course, this is my first pipe so I probably wouldnt know a difference between horrible and great.
Will keep ya posted.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Welcome to the forum jsmarriner. You'll learn to love your Nording for when your layed back and enjoying the evening, but that cob is the way to go when your out and about.... I always kept several to switch back and forth with.
Thanks For Your Service...!

jsmarriner

Lurker
Feb 24, 2014
Ok, so I now have smoked two bowls of different Arros in the pipe. And I have to say its breaking in nicely. Today was a lot better than yesterday. I only had to re light a few times where yesterday was a constant battle.
I have to say that, so far, I am really liking this pipe and pipe somking in general. I deffinately enjoy it more than smoking a cigar. Although I will still smoke a good cigar, this will now be my first choice.
Question, does the smoke taste better the more its broke in? Yesterday I smoked CAO Moontrance, it smells great but didnt have enough flavor to the smoke or so it seemed. Today I used CAO Eileen's Dream and it tasted much better. Still a bit weak on flavor but better. Or am I just used to the stronger taste of a full bodied Cuban Cigar?

Status
Not open for further replies.