PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I have to have a couple of bowls a day, but it's rare for me to be able to get through a single bowl in a single smoking session with the constant interruptions of everyday life. I used to thnk I smoked much more, but when I realized how little I smoked all the way through to dottle, I discovered my daily smoking probably doesn't go beyond three, and on an especially uneventful day, maybe twice that. But it's a daily thing with me, probably a holdover from my cigarette days.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I once smoked a pound a week. That's when I was editor of a small daily newspaper and worked monster hours. You read that right. A pound. I never had a pipe out of my mouth, except when eating and sleeping.
After that job expired, I cut back to maybe 10 bowls a day. Then I stopped smoking for 20 years or so. About 15 years ago, I found my old pipes packed away in a box. I cleaned them up, and bought some SWR. I haven't looked back since.
The only change is now I smoke one to three bowls a day, but not every day. I do not smoke in the house, but outside and right now it is cold. So, I don't get a chance to smoke, since I refuse to freeze when trying to enjoy my pipe.
So, to end this long story:1-3 bowls per days; but most days an average of one.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
As I smoke outside it really depends on the time of year. 0-3 bowls a week in winter and I would average a bowl a day in summer but I probably only smoke 5 out of 7 days then and fit a couple in on slower days.

thesinistral

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2016
I am Surprised at many of the responses. It is Less than I would have thought. I get on a 'kick' and smoke 2-6 bowls in a day, then put the pipes away for 2 to 10 years... I will try to cellar more the next time I go on hiatus.. :)

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
I would say on average, a bowl a day except weekends. My brother and I will usually do 2-3 bowls Friday and Saturday night.
Cheers,

Jared

84910e46f05b5f729451fbe5d7abd357.jpg

NECROBUMP! With as many times as this topic has come up recently, within the last few years, someone had to dig up the oldest version of this question, ha ha. And thus, I am changing my answer slightly.
I am trying to cut down from 10-12 bowls a day to 6, eventually I would like to just smoke a bowl a day, like some of you new guys. I cannot imagine what that is like, and I am jealous. I would be a nervous wreck, so I am trying to ween down gradually. Spending time on this forum doesn't help any either. All I think about is smoking after reading through the day's posts.
I'll smoke three or four in a week

I cannot even fathom this. If I could just smoke like that, I would just free myself altogether. Just walk away from smelling like a briary and spending all of my extra money on tobacco and pipes.

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
During a busy (usually tobacco-experimentation) week, I'll smoke 2-3 bowls. On average though, a bowl a week.

demetrakopoulos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
Part of it is because I work three jobs, and one of them (my full time) is at a high school. So smoking any time during work hours is out of the question.
And then when I'm not working, I'm typically out doing stuff in places where smoking isn't allowed. You can't even smoke in parks over here. So I can only smoke when I'm sitting at home, or if I consciously go to a smoking lounge.
I just consider myself to be an occasional pipe smoker. I like it, but if you told me that I couldn't smoke a pipe for a week, I'd probably just be mildly inconvenienced.
I will say that posting and reading posts on this forum makes me want to smoke more.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I was a bowl a day until last year and it went up to two and 3 on the weekend. Sometimes I might go several days with out one just because of time issues. I took off Jan and Feb for some surgery and probably will go back to 1 in the evenings and 2 on Saturday and Sundays. If I seriously restricted my pipe smoking for health issues, I probably would just quit. I enjoy it and cannot wait to return to a reflective evening smoke with friends and nature. Time constraints and so fourth are what limit mine. :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Wow, you fellows have real restraint. I probably have 7-10 bowls a day. However, I'm somewhat housebound and can smoke in the dining room that's equipped with a Conway air filter and in the no-man's land of my office.

wolfe64

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2015
Ontario Canada
I used to smoke 1 bowl a day in the evening and maybe 2 or 3 bowls a day on the weekends but since the cold weather come I cannot push myself to smoke in the cold and smoking in the house is a no no.

I have not smoked anything in months, waiting for warmer weather.
Mark

puff

Lurker
May 9, 2015
1 or 2 bowls, but some weeks I can't smoke at all. I work at a kissing booth

(yes, I know, ha ha) at our local fair. The job is split between 5 of us, so

whether I get to smoke depends on the schedule. Booth rules dictate you have to

be smoke-free for at least 1 full day before a shift. Sucky rule when you like

to smoke, but then I quite like the job as well :)
In the off seasons I smoke more..

Status
Not open for further replies.