PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
For me, I would have to say one bowl a day, lots of days I dont even smoke, but some days I smoke more than once. I say I average 7 bowls a week, not necessarily 1 bowl a day. Did I explain that right?

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
I'd say I average 1 a day, but somedays its none and some days its 2. I sometimes have a few cigars throughout the week instead too.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
It's tough to say.

Some days 10, some days 1, it just depends.

I'd have to say as many as possible.

Like Herbindave... probably 3-5.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Usually 2-3, but on days when I do not work, it call easily get past doubling that.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
I think the size of the bowl matters here. Like my meer and cob are much smaller bowls than the briars I also have. But, to stick with the question in the OP, about 3 to 4.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Interesting answers. The reason I asked is I read an article that stressed pipe smoking in "moderation" has little or no ill effects.That begged the question what is moderation?

I do easily 6 bowls a day and some days more.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
I like to keep it in moderation. Usually one bowl just before bed. Somedays I will not smoke at all and others I will have two.

carlosviet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2012
I smoke 4 pipes a day, but 3 of them, the ones with the coffees after meals, are small 20' loosely packed bowls that often I don't finish, an habit coming from my cigarettes times.
The last one in the day, is the big puff.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
4-5 bowls a day average, depending on the mood. Some days more, some days less. Some days a bowl with coffee in the morning, and an evening bowl does the trick. Takes me a couple weeks to finish a 50g tin or a 2 oz baggie. I think your 6 or more bowls a day, unless they are HUGE ( like a big Nording freehand, for example ), is pretty "moderate". But then, I know guys that easily go through a pound in a month 8O .... on top of sticks and cigars :crazy:

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Try to get 2-4 in per day but some days I don't have time for it.

With me it's like most everyone who has already posted on this thread, in that my pipe activity is an inverse relation to my schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.