PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronbear

Lurker
Feb 7, 2012
There are various bowl widths and depths on pipes ,is this simply to determine the length of time of your smoke ie more tobacco longer smoke or do the different sizes effect the quality and way your tobacco burns giving you different characteristics with your tobacco?

Jul 12, 2011
both statements correct; IMHO
Pot-shaped bowl types (larger diameter chambers/shallow bowl depths - handle your complex blends much better
Stacks (3/4" diameter chambers/1-1/2" chamber depth - handle Vs/Flake style (fold/stuff)/brings out sweetness
At the end of the day/pipe smoking is an adventurous journey...try all types

of blends-to- pipes and shapes...finding what works best for "you"

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I enjoy many different bowl shapes and sizes. The one characteristic that I look for in purchasing a pipe is the thickness of the walls. In my experience I get a cooler smoke with thicker walls generally speaking. The thing to do is experiment to find out what you enjoy.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yea, the thicker walls make such a big difference in the coolness of the smoke for sure.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I'm not sure that pipe smoking rules are written in stone.It's pretty much indvidual choice as to what works.I've been breaking some of the rules for a long time.I can smoke most any bowl shape.I like some better than others though.I don't know if I've noticed if a bowl shape works better with some blends than others.I also like thicker walls

Status
Not open for further replies.