PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
For what it's worth, Ernie Q. suggested infusing the tobacco (in stead of spritzing it) in another forum.

To infuse, place tobacco in a sealable container and make a "whole" in the middle for a small glass of spirits. Add said glass and cover for (I think it was) 2 weeks.

This method is supposed to result in a more uniform flavor while avoiding the risk of ruining the tobacco with alcohol (for some scientific reason that escapes me).

Figured I'd share.
When I was heavily into cigars about 17 years ago, I would use this method to infuse cigars that I didn't like. The local B&M even sold kits consisting of a tall jar and a humidifier that you poured bourbon into. I made my own and would dip the head of the cigar in a shot glass then place the cigars foot down in the jar and seal it for about two weeks. It actually improved some of the cigars.

Don't see why Ernie's method wouldn't work.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Ok its been close to a month, I removed the buffalo trace and the tobacco smells like an attempt to make FMC. It rehydrated my dry Star of the east extremely well. I let it air dry and off gas for 2 hours and then I jarred it up with a cobe of the whisky barrel stave thats been soaking in buffalo trace for a month. now to shake the crap out of it daily and let it sit and do its thing. I will update as soon as I smoke it. right now its too boozy smelling to try.

Reactions: beargreasediet