PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Found these at a couple of different BMs today. Not sure what to expect. But, I’ve never met a tobacco that I didn’t like.
Any feedback on these would be appreciated.
Samuel Gawith 1792 Flake
Peterson Signature Flake
Erinmore Flake
Mac Baren Virginia Flake

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
I have only tried the 1792. I love it! Some say it is a love it or hate it tobacco. Keep us posted regarding your list of what you like and dislike. Enjoy glow :puffy:

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Wonderful! I too just got some 1792 flake, though mine's been aged a bit. Can't wait to try it. Is it a ghosting tobacco? Maybe I'll just grab a cob...

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
Olkofri-- I would say in a briar, it has slight ghosting. When I smoked it in briars I did not have a huge problem. I mostly smoke my Meerschaums now, so it is definitely not a problem to me. :)

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Be seated when you smoke the 1792 and be careful when you stand up. Powerful stuff! Erinmore is a classic with a very pleasant topping. Despite the pineapple symbol of hospitality on the tin, the flavoring is not pineapple.

Erinmore is my go to when I have t think. I love it’s gentle Juicy Fruit chewing gum flavor balanced with the tobacco flavors for clearing my head, and it has some nicotine to it... but not too much. MBVF is a very good unadulterated Virginia. I hope you like it. 1792 is great just before bed, for me. It’s strong, but not insane. Signature Flake is ok, but doesn’t rock my world. I’ll be interested in reading what you think.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Gentlemen, Thanks for the feedback and the words of wisdom!
So far, tonight, I've smoked a bowl of Mac Baren Virginia Flake and Peterson Signature Flake.
I can definitely say that both were excellent and I'm very glad to have picked them up! Amazing flavor and very slow burning. I didn't want them to end they were so enjoyable. I bought 2 100 gram tins of the Peterson Signature Flake. So, I'm glad I liked it so well.
Tomorrow night, I'll dive into the Erinmore Flake and then close out the evening with my first 1792 Flake experience. I just opened the 1792 tin and it smells great. Just like chocolate cake or brownies. Definitely looking forward to that.
I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Is it a ghosting tobacco?
I thought 1792 had a strong lakeland essence? I haven't tried it yet so please correct me if I'm wrong.
I know Conniston Cut Plug is one of the milder ones and it heavily ghosted a pipe after only a couple of bowls.
Might want to try 1792 in a cob just to be safe.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
1792 does not have the lakeland essence. It has tonquin, which is a unique flavor, hinting towards vanilla and cinnamon. It is strong, not only with nicotine but also with flavor and on the retrohale. I have dedicated a pipe to it and I only smoke it when I can sit and read or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.