PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
The Zippo is my go-to for various reasons. As a PA boy born and raised, I somehow feel a connection. The crude simplicity of it appeals to me also. The Zippo is a good, simple, durable, useful well-built American made tool. What's not to like?
As for the fluid; it has changed for the better, and I no longer taste anything.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Have 6 Zippo's, going back to the late 50's. Use them daily til 5 minutes ago. You can't go wrong with them. Always with me, let them flame a tad, no odor.

apiperisdown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2014
Inspired by your link haroldt, I picked up the same model in a local smoke shop yesterday. It's my fifth one (4th with the pipe insert), but I didn't have the silver. Guess my backups needed a backup. :)

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
I love my Zippos. I carry matches as backup (for when I overestimate fuel in lighter), but the Zippos are my preferred ignition source. i have never scorched a rim with one as I am likely to do with a butane lighter.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I own 3 myself. 2 regular and one pipe insert. I sent my old one in a few months ago, anđ it came back with a new insert, and the lid re-spot welded back on.
I use matches for in the apartment, and the zippo for on the road.
No complaints about fuel taste here.
Ive also brought my zippo through airport carry on, fueled up. They are allowed, even though it was back and forth for a while. Just make sure, as with regular lighters, to bring just one.....more than one is not allowed (Canada).
The one thing I did find with the pipe insert is a tar build up on the side of the insert facing into the bowl. A toothbrush and some Everclear cleans it up nicely.
Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.