PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Is this a blend that's on their site, or would one have to know they have it to order it? Never heard of it

driftstage5

Might Stick Around
Aug 13, 2011
No, this blend isnt on their website. They should list it on there along with another unlisted blend called Countryside.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I tried it and the Northwoods. Didn't care for either, too much Latakia. I could't get the Northwoods to stay lit either. I just recently bought small amounts of their "Mild English", which Dan thought I might like from my Northwoods/RR Station comments. I've also tried Countryside, also too much Latakia. On a whim, I bought some "Magnum Blend" which he said had a bit more Latakia than the Mild English.

To my surprise, I really enjoy the Magnum. It is a very creamy smoke, with enough bite to give it personality. I've been smoking the Magnum all weekend in a bent Boswell and my Ashton and it will become one of my primary smokes.

300savage

Lurker
May 14, 2011
Railroad for me was a great smoke but the after taste was horrible. It was a nice smokey blend that Dan reccomeded to on me a visit. I gave the rest to a buddy who loves it though.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Boswell's Magnum Blend has become one of my favorite after dinner tobaccos....For me, it has a nice supply of latakia ( not too much ) and I agree with the "creamy" description.... :clap:

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Never tried it either. Northwoods has become one of my favorite after dinner tobaccos No after taste. :puffy:

driftstage5

Might Stick Around
Aug 13, 2011
Just smoked some of this a few days ago. I gotta tell ya, some tobaccos really do improve with age. I let this stuff sit for 2 years and the virginias have really sweetened up. It may have had some cavendish in it that helped it sweeten up a bit more, I dont know, but I could not detect anymore bite. The latakia smoothed out a bit, but still there. I aint good at tobacco reviewing but when I first bought this stuff it was kind of bitey and tasted pretty bland, all you could taste was latakia and bite. I cant believe how sweet and savory this blend has become with age. Sad thing is that I only aged about 2 bowls worth of this blend. Gave a lot of it away and kept a bit to age. I pretty much gave up on it, not believing that age would be able to do anything to it. But man o man was I wrong. Gonna get me a couple ounces on my next Boswell order along with Boswells Best, been hearing some good things about that blend. Do yourself a favor, get some of this and age it or you may like it freshly made. Im tellin ya its good stuff, not good as Northwoods in my opinion but its still good.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I also revisited Railroad Station 965 a few weeks ago. Since my original post, Dunhill MM965 has become one of my primary go-to blends. I found now, I've become much more tolerant of the nicotine and found it just a tad blander than the Dunhill version currently available. I still prefer Northwoods over this blend, but it is an interesting change of pace. One of the comments suggests it is a bit tangier than Northwoods, I would agree. One thing I have noticed with Boswell blends is they are not as consistent as a tinned tobacco. Sometimes that is a pleasant surprise, other times not. I had weird blend of Magnum a few months ago, I'm not sure who blended that particular batch.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Boswell Aromatic Blends
Price - $3.00 per ounce
Apple Strudel - Light Apple flavor with a hint of vanilla. Special mix that has been blended for many who have been requesting a mild and satisfying Apple Blend. Created and Master blended by J.M.
Nov. 2006
Bear Blend -- A very bold smoke. Cherry Caramel tasting tobacco, that our good friends John and Bill blended here at our store along with Dan. Together they captured the complexity and full-bodied flavor of the blended premium tobaccos. The result will dazzle your senses.
Berry Cobbler - Hints of spice in the aroma that reminds me of a berry cobbler just out of the oven. Intense fruit aromas with a taste that is smooth the whole time. A cool light smoke and definitely a crowd pleaser.
Boswell’s Best – A masterful blend of Cavendish, string cut Virginia and black vanilla Cavendish added as enhancer to make an all day smoke. This is a favorite of our customers. It’s a delicious taste sensation that you will want to experience with your first pipe. The name says it all - Boswell’s Best, as it was one of J.M.'s best tobaccos that he blended back in 1975
Boswell’s Premium Burley - Created by J.M. April 2007 - A carefully balanced blend creating a mild but full bodied flavor. A Kentucky Burley ripened to the fullest flavor. This is a winner with our customers, no other Burley like it!
Cherry Smash - Blend of Cavendish Tobacco flavored with a rich cherry mixture... Full aromatic, medium to full bodied yet gentle. One of J.M.’s first masterful blends 30 years ago. While smoking the cherry aroma gives way to an agreeable, light tobacco flavor. Burns easily to the end.
Chocolate Cream - Rich dark chocolate taste with a vanilla finish, the customers have said it is very mild, with a whiff of chocolate aroma. Easy on the palate.
Christmas Cookie – Very mild blend which Dan has created by hand to maintain each tobacco’s individual characteristics. Christmas Cookie, tempts the most discriminating palate. Creates a delightful aroma. The name says it all. Created Nov. 2002. Here is an ideal tobacco for a Christmas gift, a tobacco that every pipe smoker will enjoy as a real Holiday Treat!
Dan’s Blend - A blend of Golden Long cut Virginias. Mild, and cool blend. If you like Virginias this is a wonderful, gentle, smooth smoke.
Hunter’s Choice - Golden Virginias, Burley’s, Black Cavendish. Excellent Taste, a dash of nutty flavor, mild.
Maple Leaf – The smooth, rich flavor of maple is captured in our Maple Leaf. A most unique blend with a touch of vanilla which does not alter the maple aroma but adds a distinctive, mild touch to it.
Majestic 586 - A blend of toasted Cavendish with some Burleys and broad cut Virginias with a satisfying sweet taste. Dark tobaccos contrast with the golden yellow of Virginia. While smoking, the taste mellows and remains very rich until the end with out losing any of its personality. Especially good on relights.
No Bite DeLite -- Hand blended from premium tobaccos. Dan Boswell has created a warm caramel that caresses the palate with aromatic flavors. Dan has truly captured the complexity and full-bodied flavor, but without the BITE.
Paradise - Rich Black Cavendish with a full-bodied with hints of vanilla on the finish. Blended up for a nice mild and flavored smoke. Once lit the vanilla certainly comes through, complementing the dark cavendish in a gentle way.
Peaches and Cream - It has the intense hint of ripe peaches and passion fruit taste with a light aroma. It smokes nice and mild. Fill a pipe full with this delicious blend. You will feel a full measure of contentment and enjoyment with each puff.
Pennsylvania Dutch Treat – Full and rich and superbly made with a Cavendish blend, along with burley with a pinch of cherry. Bursting with rich flavors and smoothness. PA Dutch is one of J.M.'s favorites to smoke, which he masterfully blended back when he was 20 years old.
Piper's Pleasure- Aroma - one of the most important aspects of any smoking tobacco. Perfect burning quality. Rich flavors of chocolate, vanilla, coffee, and a mild sweetness. A mild, slow burning, cool smoke.
Pom Holiday - Masterfully created by J.M. in 2009.

One of J.M.'s favorite fruit is Pomegranate. J.M. thought last summer, why not a tobacco to enjoy? The blending itself is an art. Harmonizing this tasty Pomegranate fruit with J.M.'s exquisite tobacco formula has made this deliciously mild, yet full of fragrance. It clears the brain and soothes the temper.
Raspberry Cream – Rich toasted Raspberry Cavendish with a sprinkle of Golden Cavendish; a mild and sweet blend.
Rum River - Creates a delightful taste sensation. A taste of the Island with every puff.
Smoker’s Choice – Full bodied black Cavendish tobaccos flavored with a pinch of vanilla on the finish. Extremely mild, cool smoke. Many have the idea that because a tobacco is dark in color it is strong. This is not necessarily correct. The method of curing generally determines the color of tobacco and this does not affect its strength.
Spice and Nice - A good amount of Black Cavendish, and just a little Sweet Virginia to make a sweet mild smoke. A very smooth but not weak, a very aromatic tobacco that is welcomed when smoking indoors.
SWEET DREAMS - Light, fresh with satisfying sweetness. Blend of fine dark Cavendish and flue-cured bright Virginias. Flavored with a sweet concoction of food flavorings that J.M. likes to experiment with. Excellent room note, you will fall in love with this one!
Sweet and Mild - A Golden Cavendish blend along with overtones of toasted Cherry. It is very smooth and has an excellent room aroma. History of this blend being born is back in 1998, Dan along with Russ Hess a customer that turned into a good friend. They worked on this blend till they got it just right. Now this is Russ's favorite all day smoke and many others who have discovered Sweet and Mild. Customers who smoke Sweet and Mild are often asked what is that sweet aroma ?
Sweet Tea -- Customer Scott Carlin has written us his thoughts on Sweet Tea. “Smoked very cool with a mildly citrus and sweet taste. Best of all, there was very little aftertaste".
Vanilla Cream - This blend has the #1 graded American AAA Burley, Gold Cavendish, and Virginia Tobaccos flavored with Vanilla Extract. A mild smoke with a wonderful aroma. Very popular if you like vanilla but not too strong! J.M.’s Vanilla Cream Blend has been selling well over 30 years.
Back Shelf & English Tobaccos-
Price $4.25 per ounce
Countryside - Countryside is our medium English blend. It is a delicious, smooth-bodied blend with no tongue bite. A wonderful balance for an enjoyable all-day smoke.
Magnum Blend- Superbly made blend that Dan had created with a good friend in mind who was searching for a light English. The result is a unique taste experience. Excellent blend to look forward to at the end of your day. Another Masterful blend by Dan Boswell
Mild English - Blend of Burley, Golden Virginia, and Cavendish. Has a touch of Latakia to make a well balanced, fuller-bodied smoke. Combustion is cool and slow. VERY MILD for an English!
Northwoods - Full bodied and full flavor a deeply complex English but with a smooth and mild base of Latakia along with Toasted Virginias. J.M. had blended Northwoods for himself to smoke, but then the customers started asking him what he was smoking and his answer was "have a bowl". Northwoods has become one of our most popular English blends.
MORE TOBACCO BLENDS -
List of our other assorted back shelf tobaccos
Price of tobacco is subject to change without notice

Sales tax shipped in Pa. ( 6 % )
Other Popular Tobaccos we have here in our store are from producers such as CAO, McClelland & Stokkebye. Many varieties of Old Time Favorites like Mixture 79 & Kentucky Club.

Tins of all different tobaccos, just call and ask!
Boswell's Pipe and Tobacco DOES NOT sell pipe tobacco or tobacco related products to anyone under the age of 18. Under penalty of perjury any one who orders must be over the age of 18. Under the age of 19 in Ak, Al, NJ, and Ut. By calling our store, you must acknowledge that you meet the above age requirements.
We ship orders out promptly that day or next depending on the time of order.

To place an order, we accept Visa, Master Card and Discover.

Please contact us at 717-264- 1711
We ship via UPS and USPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.