PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsharp

Might Stick Around
Dec 1, 2010
Dandridge, TN
I mentioned the other day that I had ordered a small amount of tobacco from Boswell's. I was asked to give you guys my opinion of their "berry cobbler" blend.
Let me say first of all that the folks at Boswell's were very pleasant to deal with (This was my fist time ordering from them.) They were helpful over the phone, shipped my order promptly and I felt the prices were great.
Now on to the "berry cobbler." I was excited to see that my package arrived today. The first thing I did was to open the bag and smell the tobacco. It smelled just like the name would lead you to believe it would. When I began to pack my pipe I was surprised at how moist the tobacco was.
When I lit up I was pleasantly surprised. I have noticed that some aromatics will smell great, but when you smoke them they will taste like a foot. It has a definite fruit flavor without being overly fruity. It burned cool with very little tongue bite. As far as the smell is concerned my wife commented that it was the best smelling tobacco I have smoked. In fact she commented that it smelled like I was burning incense.
I'm a guy who likes to try different blends. I mainly smoke aromatic blends, and I am very pleased. It was a great smoke. I see more orders in my future.

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
great tobacco and review Jsharp... I also like this tobacco..I would also recommend..Raspberry Creme and Christmas cookie.....

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Bowhatchie, you must be reading my mind. I have those as well. Also, I have a couple ounces of Chocolate Creme that I like. Boswell's also has a few other blends that I would like to try.

oldjazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2011
Great reveiw thanks for posting it! Now I know where I can find some rasberry cream from since I moved I haven't been able to find one. I was spoiled by my old tobacconist and down here where I'm at now Tinder box is the only tobacco shop that sells good pipe tobacco. However they don't carry tins so I'll have to order them, so now I have some more blends to add to the order. once again thanks for the post!

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
You should try the Apple Strudel to, its a pretty amazing smoke and definately one of my favorites.

mrhemi71

Lurker
Feb 17, 2011
I bought a few of their blends about 3 weeks ago, and I am very happy I did. I too have the berry cobbler, and it is a fantastic smoke, my neighbor in the apartment next to me has commented on how good the smell is. I also have the apple strudel, spice and nice, and christmas cookie. Love them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.