PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckpiper

Might Stick Around
Apr 18, 2018
I immediately jar all the tobacco I buy from Seattle Pipe Club and GLPease because their tins aren't really sealed. I leave the Samuel Gawith, Hearth & Home and MacBaren because those tins are vacuum sealed. At least, that is my understanding.
I just got some Boswell tobacco for the first time. Their tins are different: all metal (not foil lined cardboard), screw on lid, taped shut.
I'm still thinking I should jar the stuff.
Thoughts?
Hard to find a picture showing the whole tin on the web. Ususally, they just show the lid. Here is one that sort of shows the metal sides of the tin.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: jbn951

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
Yeah, if you're not going to smoke them soon, those Boswell tins need jarring.
That said, I don't agree re: the Pease and SPC tins not really being sealed. The seals seem fine to me. In fact, I expect they are better sealed that the SG you mention. Certainly if escaping aroma is any indication of the seal, which I think it is....

Reactions: jbn951

deckpiper

Might Stick Around
Apr 18, 2018
GLP and SPC are sealed, I guess?...but I didn't trust them because aren't the sides cardboard? Maybe I am wrong. I know when I open them, I'm breaking a metal seal on top, but I didn't think they had an airtight seal. Would be great to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.