PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Finally ordered my first Boswell pipe I've been hearing so much about. Went super easy.....too easy....hope I didn't screw up and order the wrong pipe. Very nice gentleman took my order. Took all of three minutes at most.

Jul 12, 2011
Great news brother, you will be very happy with her...The Boswell

crew are outstanding pipe makers, I have several of their pipes;

Rusticated/bent egg Shotshell, Smooth Tumbleweed spiral, rusticated OP;

every one of them an outstanding smoker from day one

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Took my daughters boyfriend up there yesterday. He had some nice looking pipes on the wall. By coincidence, bumped into the pastor of my parents church, didn't know he was a pipe smoker. We tried some blends and came home with a few for the New Orleans boy to take home with him. The Pastor bought a brand new Jumbo.
Pops some pix up of your pipe. Was in on the sales page today?

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I have 4 Boswell pipes and everytime I love them I am getting a bad at buying a pipe everytime I order tobacco from there lol.

goalee1

Might Stick Around
Jan 21, 2012
Yeah, there was one on the site today but I couldn't pull the trigger. It was just a little over my budget. I keep saying this but I do have to get up there sometime thought that may be bad for my wallet! Maybe I'll leave my CC's here and just take a fixed amount of cash lol. G1

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I am glad I do not live close to there I would blow alot of money there I just know it lol.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
You probably talked with Dan. I dealt with him on the two pipes I bought from them. The second pipe I didn't actually get, mix up with the website. So, he apologized and asked me what I was interested in. He then took photographs of several of the pipes they had on the shelves he thought might be for me and emailed them to me. One was just what I was looking for and I was more than happy to purchase it.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I totally wanted to go there today but it was an hour away in the opposite direction of my 3 hour drive home (so I called in the order). Tho I did get to Wingenroths. Picked up a Savinelli and a few tins. Does it matter if the tins are pretty old? They're still vacuum sealed. Mel wasn't there but a lovely lady helped me out. Pictures coming as soon as I figure out how to post them.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
here's my modest Boswell collection..
IMG_3839.jpg

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Some day I'd like to buy a Boswell pipe. They never have what I want available. They're all sold.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
He doesn't do many bulldogs, yesterday there was a wonderful black rusticated dog (similar to a Castello Sea Rock in finish) with a colored stem that really caught my eye. I think it was $80. JM is on vacation and Dan was running the show.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That was Mel's daughter. She's easy to bargain with on estate pipes! Old tins? Most places are charging a premium for them. It's too bad you didn't get to meet Mel, he's a great gentleman.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Haha, I definitely have to cool it on the PAD for now. I pulled the trigger on the large poker on the web site. Droppin coins in a jar for my next visit to Pa.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
i guess i should load the pics smaller. Didnt get to smoke it last night, but tonite............Boswells Best, Baby!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.