PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PApiper63

Lurker
Apr 13, 2024
Just smoke my first few bowls of Boswells Northwoods. It is a great tobacco and so easy to smoke. Im curious if anyone else has tried Northwoods and would like to hear your thoughts.

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
One of my favorites too. Great blend from great people. I never leave their shop without a few ounces of it.

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
It is my favorite full-bodied English blend, just edging out Peterson Nightcap. I intend to keep it stocked in my cellar. It is smooth, deep, and rich and quite tasty to my palate. Has a bit of cedar in the tin note.

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
I’ve recently had a strange desire to try a 50/50 blend with Boswell’s Best …

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Have we tried Boswell's Northwoods tobacco?? You gotta be kidding people here. The Virginia only smokers don't but the rest of the place smokes that tobacco incessantly.

Reactions: PApiper63

Butter Side Down

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2023
Chicago
I like it a lot. It reminds me of the original Frog Morton which was the first pipe tobacco I ever lit up.

I think a lot of people under rate it because it's a crossover blend and they think of that genre as something that you're supposed to mature out of. And maybe that's true for them. But I've tried a lot of lat blends... probably 50 or more, including old Balkan Sobranie, Bohemian Scandal, and Penzance, and I still like Northwoods about as much as any of them. To be honest, I don't smoke it all that often, but when I have the craving, absolutely nothing else will do.

Reactions: Mrs. Pickles