Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey, Is It Me Or...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobacco

Lurker
Apr 3, 2012
Hi fellow pipe smokers,

Today i got a pouch of Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey, i had interest to try that tobacco since a while.

The pouch aroma is IMO wonderfull, it smell like the little chocolate bottles that contains alcohol.

The problem i have with it is that i cant keep my pipe lit for more than a minute with it.

Btw i know how to pack a pipe, the problem is not there.

Is it the tobacco, should i let it dry??

Let me know.

Thanks.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have not smoked BR in 40 years. Unless it has changed a lot, it is extremely wet. Drying it should not only help you keep it lit, but the stuff should burn cooler. It'll still be gawdawful,though. :nana:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yeah, dry that stuff, enjoy it and then get some MacBaren's 7 Seas! Any of the 7 Seas baccys are better than Borkum Riff.

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Opened a pouch of Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey about a week ago and it was really dry. I never had a problem keeping it lit, although the flavor was awful, and I got rid of it after about two bowls.
-Jim

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
It's garbage. But that doesn't mean that there's not SOMEONE here who likes the stuff.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
He's got pounds of it cellared in hopes that 30 years of age will make it tollerable.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Best thing to do with that short of throwing it out is find some poor sap to trade something for it....lol...J/K

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
Those over the counter blends have a ton of PG on them to keep the shelf life I don't know if letting it air out will help evaporating the PG with out effecting the tobacco just give it a try on a bowl and see what happenes. Don't listen to these jerks that high-jacked your thread with all the Borkum Riff sucks comments smoke the shit out of it if you like it and don't let anyone tell you any different.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Yeah, that's just a little hostile. I don't see why jship079 feels he has to call people names.
Jobacco said he like the pouch aroma, but hadn't been able to keep it lit long enough to tell if he liked it or not. He asked for advice, we're giving it to him. :P

I know there are some better quality blends flavored with spirits; the only one i have smoked is Peterson's Irish Whiskey, IIRC. I know it wasn't my cuppa.

Status
Not open for further replies.