Booze and Flavor, a Curse or a Blessing?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I prefer aged alcohol with nuances developed naturally through aging. Occasionally I would prefer younger alcohol with natural flavors from fermentation. I never felt lack of choice.

I respect completely those who prefer flavored drinks, and (while I cannot remember from my own recent drinking history), I must have enjoyed them in the past.

So, given the fact there is a lot of choice for every alcohol connoisseur I would have to conclude that it’s a blessing.

Reactions: romaso and monty55

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
That's me...occasional whiskey drinker. This thread got me thinking about that caramel turtle whiskey I mentioned earlier. I picked up a bottle of this today.
View attachment 131115

Where do I turn in my man card? ;)

The line forms behind me.

My daughter requested this cake flavored vodka for a cocktail she was wanting to try. My favorite liquor store was the only place that stocked it. The manager checked me out with only a slight grin on his face. I couldn’t even look him in the eye.B312313A-13D4-4EFD-8934-54A9D14B78E1.jpeg

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
I quit drinking about 3 months ago. I've noticed a drastic difference in the quality of my smokes. Now I drank way too much when I did drink, so copious amounts of whiskey tend to drown out the flavor of anything else. But now I'm only drinking water, tea and coffee and can taste my tobaccos ten fold. It's been a blessing that really took my appreciation for this hobby to the next level.