PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
This morning, for some reason, I felt compelled to open my first tin. The cut/texture reminds me very much of potpourri, but luckily the taste does not (Yes, in my childhood I tried it) It took a few puffs before I began to get a sense of what all the hubbub was about. I have no spectacular insight to offer. It's all been said before. It's sweet, smokey, wine-like character makes my mouth water. This past week'ish I've sampled for the first time the following: Smokers Haven Exotique, John Alysburys Luxury Flake, Margate, and now Bohemian Scandal. Each of these tobaccos have been so stellar as not to be believed. If I never smoked anything else for the rest of my life but these blends, I'd never ever grow tired of them. Bohemian Scandal, without any doubt, belongs in the company of the greats, it's number retired forever. If you've never tried it before and the opportunity arises... You might wanna give it a go. This is FIRMLY in the top three I've ever had.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Yes, its great stuff!

I have a few in the cupboard, haven't smoked it in a few years. How is the tin holding up? Any rust from the inside? I worry about my small GLP tins from that era, I've had a tin of "Tribute" rust through and dry out, and my last tin of "Abingdon" from 2004 had some serious rust inside, but wasn't compromised (yet)..........

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Some of the older stuff is a real treat. Knowing it is limited and no longer available adds to the enjoyment as it feels extra special. For me anyway.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
I've smoked probably half a pound of the Scandal over the last ten years. It's really good stuff. I do feel like it's not necessarily getting any better, though, and there are in-production blends I would reach for before I reached for it. But it is a special smoke. There's nothing quite like it.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
I'm with escioe on the Scandal not being at its peak anymore. Renaissance has held up better, but I worry about all my older Lats hanging in there through the ages.
hp

les

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
If I never smoked anything else for the rest of my life but these blends, I'd never ever grow tired of them
They are all amazing. I really wish Bohemian Scandal was still available, it is the best Balkan I have tried.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It would be intriguing if every discontinued blend had to be announced with an explanation of its termination. I guess it would just be sales figures in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.