PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
For those who have wanted to try a bog oak pipe but have been scared off by the price, P&C has a pretty sweet deal on some factory-made bog oak pipes. The special is for today only. They're not in the same class as artisan-made mortas, but at this price it's hard to pass up.

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/specials/tuesday-special

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
As someone who smokes and owns a lot of Morta from many different artisans, I am very suspicious of these. Finding good quality Morta without fungus or rot spots is very challenging even for a master Morta artisan. If someone does purchase one of these $69.99 Bog Oak pipes, please don't base a possible bad experience on all Morta pipes....I have Becker, Talbert, and Davorin Mortas....and like briar, any block can have faults...but if you talk to any if these 3, they will tell you how difficult it is to find good Morta...and how expensive "good" Morta costs...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
At this price, and given that they are from PC, one of pipesmagazine's sponsors, I'd take the chance if I was

particularly drawn to one of these pipes. They seem a bit similar despite being listed as different shapes,

but they look well made. Still, that's a fair caution, NOLA. Obviously, you are steeped in Morta pipes and most

of us aren't.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Yes, all I'm doing is saying be cautious...big-oak is a very tricky material....they make smoke wonderfully...or not...just know there is a difference in low-cost Morta and higher quality hand carved from select Morta blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.