PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
So the 2 Doug Finlay pipes ( @doug535 ) I ordered from Blue Room Briars arrived today.

I can't say enough good things about the pipes but will attempt to in a separate thread. Want I want do here is attempt to say enough good things about Blue Room Briars although I probably can't accomplish this.

We are fortunate to have good retailers available to us for sure. With Blue Room Briars we get great pricing, fast shipping, and the product arrives in fantastic condition.

What I find most impressive about them though is the handwritten thank you note they include. It's not just a "thank you for shopping with us" note but an actual thoughtful and knowledgeable note.

The one that was in this order referenced my collection of Doug's pipes as I have purchased at least one of them from Blue Room Briars before. Very nice that they either remembered my prior purchase(s) or took the time to look them up.

Also included was an additional thank you comment beyond purchasing from them but for also supporting the pipe community and carvers like Doug.

So cheers to Scott Townsend, Jesse Jones, and their employees that make everything work!

I know I probably don't need to say this but I can't recommend them enough!

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I get one every single time I buy a pipe from them and they are absolutely custom handwritten notes and not some generated form letter. And they usually toss in a package of high quality pipe cleaners too.

I have spoken to Scott several times on the phone and he’s a great guy.

I recently bought an estate pipe that had a minor but annoying issue and Scott absolutely insisted that I send it back and they not only cured the issue but modified the pipe to my liking to guarantee it would work for me. Talk about above and beyond the call of duty! I am incredibly pleased and excited about their business and look forward to supporting them for years to come. Seriously, they are stand up guys in an increasingly shitty world and if there were more people like them the world would be a better place almost instantly.

Now if I could just score a beautiful new Jesse Jones pipe - honestly, it’s nearly impossible and if one ever appears it’s snapped up instantly. ?

Great business and great people.

Reactions: shanez and Toast

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I don't know Scott but I do know Jesse very well. He is truly a top drawer of a guy. And this is in spite of him looking like a gunslinger.

Reactions: shanez

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
I've over ten pipes from them & never been less than amazed by how above & beyond they go. Huge fan.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That personal attention goes a long way in business. An outfit can spend a lot on ads, but if they impress their clientele with personal connection, it goes a long way. Look at the exposure they're getting right here on Forums, with a prime pipe-buying audience. It may seem old fashioned, but it works. Smart.