PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoliDeoGloria

Lurker
Nov 18, 2020
Bluegrass, KY
Just checkin' in to say hello to all! I've been a reader/lurker for a few weeks, and figure it's time to join the community as I keep coming back!

I'm from central KY, just north of Lexington. Recently had some men at church introduce me to pipe smoking, and have fallen in love with the collecting, smoking, tasting, and historical aspects of it all.

Soli Deo Gloria!

"On land, on sea, at home, abroad,
I smoke my pipe and worship God."

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome from Illinois. A few years ago my wife spent a week traveling around Kentucky staying in some of the state lodges. Beautiful state...we'll be back.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

1605731700883.png

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. I have fond memories of Lexington and area. A college friend lived there for a long career at the Free Press, and years before that, my older sister and her ex- lived there while he was doing a post doc in chemical engineering. I've toured Mammoth Cave three different trips. Cassius Clay's home was a blast -- this wasn't the boxer, but the guy whose name he inherited, Abraham Lincoln's ambassador to Russia, and a phenomenon who was dating a teenage girl in his nineties -- crazy, amazing, and a dangerous guy who killed one and ran off another housebreaker in old age. Not to be meddled with.

Status
Not open for further replies.