PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Galen Leather has some pretty slick, simplistic pipe rolls without all the bells and whistles (no pipe rest or tobacco tray). Some of you might have seen the review from Bradley on the STUFFNTHINGS channel, these are the same ones. If you go directly to their website, they have at least a half dozen of their rolls that are blemished and offered at a big discount ($22, to be exact!). I got mine with shipping for $31. I think normal price is $64 before shipping. Below is the exact one I ordered:
f559819a-4c3f-4bb7-bddd-890f9ce21039-600x386.jpg

70670c33-72d5-4b10-b32f-7f142d8d50b6-600x392.jpg

***BE AWARE*** It seems like the ones that don't have blemishes on the inside such as cosmetic defects or numbering on the leather will have monogrammed initials on the bottom right corner of the outside. Pay close attention to what you're getting! Personally, I don't want somebody else's initials on a pipe roll, so I opted for one that had some minor lettering inked into the hide.
Hope this proves helpful to somebody looking for a nice pipe roll for a very reasonable price!

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
While I love good leather products, I've never been fond of these pipe rolls. I just don't consider them to have enough protection or secure enough. Just my .02

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Fair enough, these are pretty spartan compared to some rolls. Me personally, I think it’ll work fine for what I need. And heck, If I want to upgrade a year from now, I’m only out $31. This is my first pipe roll, at this price I think it makes a great starter roll for newbies like myself. Certainly not the Cadillac of pipe rolls, though!

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Thought I’d bump with an update. Just got the pipe roll and I quite like it. Simple, but holds everything I need. I fit two Peterson 15’s with pipe socks in there no problem. The leather is also really soft and seems to be of good quality.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Those zip up pouches seem like a good alternative to the roll types. I prefer the old school aesthetic of a leather roll, but I’m sure I could happily use one of those pouches, too. For $20 bucks, even if you only get a year or two out of it... good deal as long as it meets your needs and protects your treasures.

Reactions: RockRash

RockRash

Lurker
Sep 8, 2019
California
Those zip up pouches seem like a good alternative to the roll types. I prefer the old school aesthetic of a leather roll, but I’m sure I could happily use one of those pouches, too. For $20 bucks, even if you only get a year or two out of it... good deal as long as it meets your needs and protects your treasures.
Ya it was a little over 20 buck but honestly its really good quality. I use it while I'm at work I drive a lot so 99% of the time it lives in my truck. I have no doubt it will give me years of service. I also agree I do like the look of a old school roll but this is just more practical for me.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I have the same zip up pouch, works great. Two pipes, a couple blends, pack of cleaners, lighter and tamper fit easily. Ive often jammed in an additional cob and a couple more blends, and an extra lighter and tamper as well. Great little pouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.