PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Hey ladies and gents,
I went to Montreal to visit my gf's father and step mom. While there, I decided I wanted to go check out Blatter & Blatter, a local Montreal pipe maker. Let me telll you, what an awesome place, staff was very friendly, and you got the old historic vibe. Lots and lots of selection from standard pipes, to custom one of a kind hand carved. I decided to buy my self a standard pipe, so I got a straight billiard style, nice and classic.
My gf's father (Murray) had use to smoke pipe in his early 20's while in the military. So to my surprise, he picked out a full bent rusticated pipe that caught his eye and took that sweet baby home. We smoke a half bowl, and he had a little trouble getting it lit, the baccy was a little moist, and he packed it a bit firm. He looked a little dissapointed when he couldent taste the cherry from the baccy, but I really hope he sticks with it. I told him to let the baccy dry for a bit first.
Over all, my experience at Blatter & Blatter was very good. The guy was very patient with us and gave us some helpful hints and gave us a pipe bag, pipe cleaners, and matches. We also got a foldable pipe stand which is pretty neat.
53c37871.jpg

I really like his full bent. Don't know the exact shape, but I'm really jelly.

7968ecac.jpg

Edit: Moved to PIPE TOBACCONISTS - B&M'S AND INTERNET RETAILERS, L

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Haha yeah, they had too many to choose from. I was getting feeling like I was takin forever lol. And yeah bonus points for me!!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
1. Good pipe's.

2. Nice experience at Blatter & Blatter.

3. Peasant experience with you girlfriend's dad.
All in all, looks like you had a very good time.

And welcome to the forum, too.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Just a FYI, Blatter & Blatter can't list all of their products online because of the laws in Quebec, so they gave me the "exclusive" online listings of all their products.
If anyone would like to have the "real" website, please PM me as Im not sure if they would want me to post it publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.