PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
I’m really considering buying one. Anybody here own one, and do you like it?

That Guy

Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Have one and love it. I prefer smash burgers over just normal burgers on the grill. It has many different uses that you can't get out of a normal grill. We cook out a lot and this has been a great addition to the pellet smoker and the Big Green egg i already have. Just have to make sure you take good care of it so it doesn't start to rust.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I owned a Blackstone and absolutely loved it. My oldest son borrowed it a few years ago and all his friends that it gets loaned to love it.

For a griddle, it is extremely even heating. I’ve used it on cook outs and camping trips for breakfast, lunch and dinner meals.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one.

One day in the distant future I’ll use it again.

Reactions: ChuckMijo
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Lodge makes a cast iron griddle that I lay over the burners of large L.L Bean propane stove when we are camping. I use it for warming the smoked brisket or chuck roast. There is a reason restaurants use griddles.

dochowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Torrance, CA
Thanks for the post. I've been considering a similar purchase for a while now. Like everything though, it's just another thing I've got to have a place keep it when not in use.

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
I've been considering one as well, but living in the perpetual humidity here in FL makes me wonder if maintenance will be an issue.

That Guy

Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
I've been considering one as well, but living in the perpetual humidity here in FL makes me wonder if maintenance will be an issue.
I'm in central Florida and was concerned myself at first. After using for cooking If you give it a good cleaning and then a light coat of vegetable oil all over the griddle surface it keeps the rust away

Reactions: eslavs

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I am also on the Jayco Owners Forum and there's been many threads about the Blackstone griddles. They're very popular. I'm considering getting one for our travel trailer.