PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I remember seeing these back in the US, I may have even tried them out back than, but as I went during my lunch break today to buy pipe cleaners I noticed them on my B&M's shelf. I bought a vanilla pack, as I had the urge for some bacy after my lunch but did not have the pipe with me. It does have a distant resemblance to a vanilla OTC blend, but not quite "cigar" if you get my meaning. The smoke ... is somewhat decent, in as far as scratching one's itch, but would never think of replacing the pipe with this. The taste is sweet, vanilla-ish and quite peppery. It burns a tad hot also ... any thought?

Reactions: danimalia

iacchus

Lurker
Jan 10, 2019
MS Gulf Coast
Personally, I see them as a poor way to smoke a poor tobacco.

I suppose anything will do in a pinch, but they just aren't my bag.
When in a pinch, I always have a little can of nasal snuff around.
For the pinch.

Reactions: anotherbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In college, about all I smoked, and not very often, were Havatampa's with the little wooden tips. So I'm in no position to criticize. Most little OTC cigars aren't so good, but as an occasional guilty pleasure, and a reminder to keep a pipe and 'baccy in the car, no problem. Clint Eastwood made good use of them in some spaghetti Westerns.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I did a lot of cheap cigars in my youth. I smoked a bunch of Cherry Middletons with a plastic tip, too. ?. it is not a bad stage to go through and makes you appreciate the good stuff once you get there.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.